Caithness Map :: Links to Site Map Paying too much for broadband? Move to PlusNet broadband and save£££s. Free setup now available - terms apply. PlusNet broadband.  

Thread: what software

Smile what software

hi just wondering what software you all use to edit your pictures i have an Olympus e420 and just geting started wiyh it thanks in advance

i've only just started to get into editing, other than crop, straighten etc. I'm using photoshop elements 8 and its fine for my limited capabilities.

You can download it immediately from the Adobe Photoshop website or get it cheap of ebay if you want to wait a bit

I bought a full version of Photoshop CS4 secondhand off Amazon and I'm really pleased with it. I've probably only scratched the surface of its true potential.
    God, grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change,
    Courage to change the things I can,
    And wisdom to know the difference.

boxer,
    Some basic s/w will have come with your camera, this will allow previewing, basic adjustments etc, and is probably a good place to get started.

Next step up would be Photoshop Elements as Dragonfly has said, this has become increasingly sophisticated over the years, and if we are honest will do most of what the average Photoshop used needs!

Another alternative, which is gaining increasing popularity is Adobe Lightroom, if you are getting keen, well worth a look at, http://www.adobe.com/uk/products/pho...?promoid=DTEWE , but this is not a cheap option at around £230.

As an aside, you can also download a beta version of Lightroom 3, which will give you a limited time usage, about 3 months I think.
    http://labs.adobe.com/technologies/lightroom3/

I use a combination of software, but principally Nikon's Capture NX2 and Photoshop.

I started with Adobe Elements and now have Adobe Lightroom, which I love.

thanks to all i will install the disc i got with the camera and give it a try thanks again

i have adobe photoshop cs3 the full version,if you would like a copy i will quite happily copy on to a disc for you,as rheghead stated about cs4 the potential is unreal! cs3 is just the same!