Caithness Map :: Links to Site Map Paying too much for broadband? Move to PlusNet broadband and save£££s. Free setup now available - terms apply. PlusNet broadband.  
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Camps Bar

Sounds like your post ( rant ) is a little spiteful ? You say the place was better when the other guy had it?
    Why?
    Did he turn a blind eye to more goings on?
    Anyway back to my story, in Glasgow months ago, a woman pushed by me in a rush for the loo, i giggled as she turned and came back out of the gents. No harm done.
    But maybe if that was a man going into the womans toilet, well who knows what might have happened to him.
    WoRdS ShOuLd Be SiMpLe An VoIcEs SoFt !!!

Any transexuals in Wick? What do they have to do, use the car park?

love the comment above.......

I've seen things you people wouldn't believe. Attack ships on fire off the shoulder of Orion. I watched C-beams glitter in the dark near the Tannhauser gate. All those moments will be lost in time, like tears in rain.ROY'S DEATH BLADE RUNNER 1982

After a wee phone call to the owner , this matter is resolved , the bans are lifted.

Yes Bettedaviseyes, the doormen do have those licences, 1 of the 3 was actually telling me about them earlier on in the evening, funnily enough

Case closed & Merry Xmas all
    Cmey e Scorries

Quote Originally Posted by Amy-Winehouse View Post
    After a wee phone call to the owner , this matter is resolved , the bans are lifted.

Yes Bettedaviseyes, the doormen do have those licences, 1 of the 3 was actually telling me about them earlier on in the evening, funnily enough

Case closed & Merry Xmas all
    So you mean your night out was ruined and the doormen are still employed there. No apology?
    Last edited by Bazeye; 26-Dec-09 at 20:06. Reason: spelling

hahahaha funny story doubt its true

Default dive

The place is a stinking dive lol y would u want to drink er lol lol lol
    A smile is worth more than a million pounds and it sure dont hurt.

Quote Originally Posted by bingo1 View Post
    The place is a stinking dive lol y would u want to drink er lol lol lol
    Because for the simple reason , in Wick on Christmas night there was 1 pub open to have a drink in. The recession has hit hard coz usually the clubs are open & couple of bars but not this year.

Cesare, If it wast true, what would be the point of posting in the first place ?
    Cmey e Scorries

Because for the simple reason , in Wick on Christmas night there was 1 pub open to have a drink in. The recession has hit hard coz usually the clubs are open & couple of bars but not this year.

Cesare, If it wast true, what would be the point of posting in the first place ?

You should have learned by now no matter what you post here on the org it will get ripped apart and total crap will get pulled out, hence turning the thread around. Yet again. Oh rant over!!!!!
    What doesn't kill you, will make you stronger.....

The Francis street club was open..you could have played bingo!!
    Live for today as tomorrow may never come

Quote Originally Posted by danc1ngwitch View Post
    Sounds like your post ( rant ) is a little spiteful ? You say the place was better when the other guy had it?
    Why?
    Did he turn a blind eye to more goings on?
    Anyway back to my story, in Glasgow months ago, a woman pushed by me in a rush for the loo, i giggled as she turned and came back out of the gents. No harm done.
    But maybe if that was a man going into the womans toilet, well who knows what might have happened to him.
    God spiteful heard it all now!!! dont know why i bother posting on here sometimes
    Cmey e Scorries

Talking

The Camps bar is the best bar in the town, always a good crack there, and hardly any trouble happens there these days

It is with great regret that I have to reply to your comments on Caithness.org.
    The Camps Bar is the oldest bar in Wick, opening its door after probation in 1947.
    Run by a local family for local people and although we are a business, we do not put profit over the safety, welfare and enjoyment of our loyal customers.
    The bar has changed in no way since we took over from the previous owners, who incidentally is still working alongside us but the biggest change is in the 2005 licensing act replacing the very outdated 1976 act.
    I recognize our toilet facility are not ideal but as far as Highland Council/health and hygiene is concerned, they pass as adequate.
    On Christmas night, a lady instead of using the back cupboard to hear her mobile phone, entered the gents toilets for some considerable time, after being alerted to the fact, one of our S.I.A trained door stewards, asked her to leave, as would any gent that enters the ladies toilets, she did so with no problem, what I can gather from various witnesses, on leaving the building, there was a slanging match developed started by one of the stewards, this by no way confirms to S.I.A standards and I don’t condone the actions of the stewards concerned, who are paid to police the door to the best of their ability in the interest of the staff and customers.
    Out with this, it can only be dealt with at a S.I.A level, as stewards are there to stop trouble, not create it.
    Over this matter, one of our stewards has left our employment and I hope this is a satisfactory outcome to this whole unfortunate matter.
    I like to take this opportunity, in wishing all our loyal customers a very happy new year and hope to see you all in the near future.
    Yours sincerely
    Callum Reid (Camps Bar)

Posted on behalf of Callum Reid, Camps Bar, due to Callum not been a member and having problems getting registered i am posting this for him, otherwise this would've been posted sooner, thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by krackenkid View Post
    It is with great regret that I have to reply to your comments on Caithness.org.
    The Camps Bar is the oldest bar in Wick, opening its door after probation in 1947.
    Run by a local family for local people and although we are a business, we do not put profit over the safety, welfare and enjoyment of our loyal customers.
    The bar has changed in no way since we took over from the previous owners, who incidentally is still working alongside us but the biggest change is in the 2005 licensing act replacing the very outdated 1976 act.
    I recognize our toilet facility are not ideal but as far as Highland Council/health and hygiene is concerned, they pass as adequate.
    On Christmas night, a lady instead of using the back cupboard to hear her mobile phone, entered the gents toilets for some considerable time, after being alerted to the fact, one of our S.I.A trained door stewards, asked her to leave, as would any gent that enters the ladies toilets, she did so with no problem, what I can gather from various witnesses, on leaving the building, there was a slanging match developed started by one of the stewards, this by no way confirms to S.I.A standards and I don’t condone the actions of the stewards concerned, who are paid to police the door to the best of their ability in the interest of the staff and customers.
    Out with this, it can only be dealt with at a S.I.A level, as stewards are there to stop trouble, not create it.
    Over this matter, one of our stewards has left our employment and I hope this is a satisfactory outcome to this whole unfortunate matter.
    I like to take this opportunity, in wishing all our loyal customers a very happy new year and hope to see you all in the near future.
    Yours sincerely
    Callum Reid (Camps Bar)

Posted on behalf of Callum Reid, Camps Bar, due to Callum not been a member and having problems getting registered i am posting this for him, otherwise this would've been posted sooner, thanks.
    well said.

thread should now be closed?

God spiteful heard it all now!!! dont know why i bother posting on here sometimes
    I did not mean to offend you, but at the very high risk of rattling your cage even more... This is indeed a place for posting opinions. Oh, and if you don't really know why you bother posting on here, well just don't.
    Don't dwell on this post, move on and enjoy the lighter side of this org.
    Last edited by danc1ngwitch; 29-Dec-09 at 16:45.
    WoRdS ShOuLd Be SiMpLe An VoIcEs SoFt !!!

lol how many times do you need to say S.I.A the place is a bump p.s thread closed on my behalf..........................

I've seen things you people wouldn't believe. Attack ships on fire off the shoulder of Orion. I watched C-beams glitter in the dark near the Tannhauser gate. All those moments will be lost in time, like tears in rain.ROY'S DEATH BLADE RUNNER 1982

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12