Caithness Map :: Links to Site Map Paying too much for broadband? Move to PlusNet broadband and save£££s. Free setup now available - terms apply. PlusNet broadband.  

Thread: Frosty xmas eve.

1. Default Frosty xmas eve.

The deep purple effect...a wee bit of Smoke on the Water.

Very nice as usual.
    You don't have to be mad to know me but it helps.

Great shots, I particularly like the shot with the purple sea weed, was that the natural colour or some sort of reflection from the light.

nirofo.

4. Default

Well i must need my eyes seen to because it looks more brown than purple with white frosty edges on my monitor,especially at full size.

Quote Originally Posted by Mystical Potato Head View Post
    Well i must need my eyes seen to because it looks more brown than purple with white frosty edges on my monitor,especially at full size.
    I think your monitor needs calibrating MPH, I calibrate mine once a fortnight with a ColorVision ColorSpyder Pro, it sure makes a difference to what your eye thought was OK. If you're using an LCD monitor, which most people are nowadays, then it can be very difficult to set it up by eye, it was relatively easy with a CRT monitor. Laptop screens can be extremely difficult if not impossible to set up accurately, even with a colorimeter, some of the top end Dells and Mac screens are pretty good though. Bear in mind that any photo you work on using Photoshop or similar graphics software will save your image profile differently to what it will look like when posted on the web, it assumes you are saving for print or archive and embeds it's colour profile, such as Adobe RGB unless told otherwise. Images intended for use on the web should be saved as web JPEGS, this then gives the image an embedded colour profile as sRGB. If you then compare the image you saved as normal with the one saved for web you will see the colours are different, the web assumes it's own colour profile, (generally sRGB) on all images and wiil display all submissions regardless of colour profile the same. This means the image you worked on for hours in Photoshop etc, will not display on the web the way you intended.

Here's a web link that I found useful for monitor calibration info in the past.

http://www.normankoren.com/makingfineprints1A.html

nirofo.

6. Default

I'll have to get my calibration software calibrated then.Its obviously like my eyes,well past sell by date.