Caithness Map :: Links to Site Map Paying too much for broadband? Move to PlusNet broadband and save£££s. Free setup now available - terms apply. PlusNet broadband.  

Thread: Which is best?

Default Which is best?

Tesco or Asda?

James.

scrapydoo Guest

I like them both the same .

I rekon by the time we get them I'm going to be so sick of hearing about both of them, that I won't particularly think any are what they are hyped up to be.
    Don't wrestle with pigs, you just get all dirty and the pig enjoys it.

I like them both. Used to shop at ASDA all the time before we moved up here, but that was only because hubby worked for them and we got discount!

But I like Tesco's too, and always spend a fortune when we go down to Inverness.
    As one door shuts, another one slams in your face.

Quote Originally Posted by connieb19
    I rekon by the time we get them I'm going to be so sick of hearing about both of them, that I won't particularly think any are what they are hyped up to be.
    I'm sick of hearing about them to, is there nothing more exciting to talk about?

scrapydoo Guest

yes but we would all be banned lol

never been in an asdas so gonna go wi tescos.
    no amount of darkness can drive out darkness
    only light can do that.

knightofeth Guest

I prefer Tescos for most things; but Asda used to do better clothes. I think Tesco is catching up with that now though. Asda is the cheaper of the two. Personally I would love either in Caithness.

Who really cares, their both better than the Co-op and Sommerfield and hopefully both will be in Caithness soon, Yipee
    To stay young live honestly, eat slowly and lie about your age.

Unhappy

They both are giants in their field Asda part of Walmart the largest retailer in the world - poor payer and anti union.
    Tesco poor payer.
    Both would close down any retailer that tries to compete with them and kills off town centre shops take your pick nothing between them they only want you money and all their profits go out of the county.

Maybe not all profits will be heading out of the county. This quote was taken from a posting by Venture(from another posting re future stores in Caithness.)

Might not all be bad news for the little shops with big boys like Tesco and Asda moving in. In todays Daily Mail it states that Asda plans to give money of vouchers to those who use their local convenience store or some other small High Street retailer. The move is designed to boost Asda's community friendly image and deflect criticism that supermarket chains are killing off Scotlands independent retailers.

The scheme follows the principle of other loyalty cards where shoppers earn points as they spend in store. But Collect and Save as it is to be called will also offer rewards to people who do their shopping in selected independent stores in their local area who will display stickers in their windows showing they are part of the scheme.. When they have spent £25 in Asda and £25 in local stores customers can go to Asda and claim their reward. £5 of vouchers to spend in the supermarkets clothing department. The scheme is to be introduced in the new store opening in Huntly and if successful could be rolled out nationwide.

What do others think of this scheme.
    Families are like fudge - mostly sweet with a few nuts.

i think that scheme would work well here because i don't think you could do all your shoping in one place anyway plus it would keep local trader's happy as well

Smile

Yes I was certainly taken by the idea too and think it would work very well here. Being a small community most people will shop in the big stores and locally. Something put back to benefit the town would be good. Perhaps it means I shall have to travel to Thurso for Asda in stead of shopping in Wick with Tesco. Will still have to burn up expensive petrol!
    Families are like fudge - mostly sweet with a few nuts.