Caithness Map :: Links to Site Map Paying too much for broadband? Move to PlusNet broadband and save£££s. Free setup now available - terms apply. PlusNet broadband.  

Thread: whats the roads like

Default whats the roads like

Planning to travel from Thurso to Wick today are the roads ok

Was thinking about doing the same, anybody know?

faither says main road between reiss and wick is fine if you have four wheel drive

Cool

Does anybody know what the roads between Thurso & John O'Groats are like? We are supposed to be heading out there at lunch-time today, dependant on weather.

the road going through watten is quite slushy it is driveable if care taken,but outside of watten im not sure sorry

Default thanks

Quote Originally Posted by upolian View Post
    the road going through watten is quite slushy it is driveable if care taken,but outside of watten im not sure sorry
    thanks Upolian thats a start

after what happened to us yesterday on warth hill i would stay at home.if your trip is vital then please take care
    happiness is best shared

Just back from Wick, never seen a single gritter down or back. On the way down it was just slush tracks, which you had to keep clear of, on the way back the road is starting to ice up with the rain that fell earlier.

Well today I've been Thurso to Keiss (including the Kilimster road) then on to Ulbster, then back with a wee detour at Bower - am not long home. I had no problems driving on any of the main roads, and only moderately so on the untreated Kilimster and Bower roads. As per Northerner's post here, steady does it!