I found an electronic organiser in a drawer and I powered it up with a new battery. It was a strange visit to the rheggers of yesteryear, different contacts, some forgotten, some very dear. A strange feeling of detachment to a past.

Then I cleared out my facebook account messages and I come across pms from a friend who died of cancer. I still don't know why I haven't deleted them.

Then there are the loads of photos of family, ex wives and girlfriends and people we have forgotten but seem familiar.

Is it depressing to keep on to it all or should we just include it all in the rest of the cyber or real bin? Is it harmful on the human psyche all this media? Surely it is the future that is important? Then I thought remembrance maybe respectful and all that but to what aim is it all geared up to??? Can we get bogged down with reminders of the past to the detriment of aspirations of the future?

I know I have swapped from a single human perspective to a national concience thing but surely it must be the same?

In the end what is healthiest, looking to the past or the future?