Caithness Map :: Links to Site Map Paying too much for broadband? Move to PlusNet broadband and save£££s. Free setup now available - terms apply. PlusNet broadband.  
Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 345678 LastLast

Thread: wind farm

The amount of money to be made from wind turbines is - quite frankly - obscene. If a small amount of profit would be put aside to build them away from existing pylon lines - which is where everyone lives - in order to provide a feed line to the existing grid from a suitably remote location, then none of these problems would exist!

As we saw with Copenhagen, greed is driving the industry. "Saving the planet" comes well down the priorities list.
    Green but not brainwashed

Using the sun to provide hot water.
    Driving a car that gets 73 miles per gallon.....

[I wonder how much energy was generated by wind in Caithness this past week? If you are relying on these things, then you had better get used to being very cold!

Quote Originally Posted by spurtle View Post
    [I wonder how much energy was generated by wind in Caithness this past week? If you are relying on these things, then you had better get used to being very cold!
    How much energy has been generated by the wind in all the comments on this post? It would generate Caithness alone for 20 years :-)

Build them wherever they want to, that's what I say.

Quote Originally Posted by bhoy1973 View Post
    How much energy has been generated by the wind in all the comments on this post? It would generate Caithness alone for 20 years :-)

Build them wherever they want to, that's what I say.
    Your back garden?

Quote Originally Posted by joxville View Post
    Your back garden?
    Why not? Couldn't give a flying one. There's no noise off them so no bother to me.

Handy for drying your clothes too!

Why not? Couldn't give a flying one. There's no noise off them so no bother to me.
    I think you should try standing in tesco's car park and listen to the racket from their wind generators, when they'r working.

Quote Originally Posted by tonkatojo View Post
    I think you should try standing in tesco's car park and listen to the racket from their wind generators, when they'r working.
    You should try standing in Tesco's car park and listen to the racket from the cars......now which is better....I like cars... but I also like wind generators.....there's only one way to find out.....FIGHT!!!!!!!!!!!

You should try standing in Tesco's car park and listen to the racket from the cars......now which is better....I like cars... but I also like wind generators.....there's only one way to find out.....FIGHT!!!!!!!!!!!
    I might be a bit slow what's cars got to do with wind generators ??

Quote Originally Posted by tonkatojo View Post
    I might be a bit slow what's cars got to do with wind generators ??
    Don't worry about it Tonka
    Last edited by bhoy1973; 29-Dec-09 at 18:28.

Default wind farms

not living in scotland at the moment i still belive there are other ways to get power the sea it is awash with free power just wanting to taped into it moves constantly and we have the tecno already to use its perfect no bluming big wind turbines blotting the fantastic land scape the best in the country

Punctuation marks for sale.

Mixed bag of 100 commas, colons, apostrophes and full stops.

Only £1 per bag.

Quote:
    Originally Posted by ywindythesecond
    She got her council Tax reduction, and that isn't handed out with a box of cornflakes, because the person adjudicating on it agreed that her house had been devalued as a result of the windfarm noise issues.
    I have read the transcript of the case and if someone better organised than me could link to it please, it would educate Reggy to actually read it. But no doubt we will learn that the adjudicator person was deceived by the wicked Davises.

Reggy, here is the ruling. Please read it.
    http://info.valuation-tribunals.gov.uk/decision_document.asp?appeal=/decision_documents/documents/ct_england/2525475651032c.htm

Here's a letter from the other end of the UK. Some interesting points...

In America Native Indian tribes of the north-west coast used the totem pole as a way of communicating stories, myths and legends. The modern wind turbine bears some resemblance to these artefacts.

Stuck in the ground as allegorical gestures, wind turbines represent an illusion whereby the world is saved from the ravages of a changing climate through the communication of a fairy story.

The fable they are meant to convey is that by generating energy from the wind this will prevent toxic emissions to such an extent that we will gratefully accept their desecration of our sacred homelands.

Like the true totem, they are merely symbolism worshipped by a few true believers. Unlike the true totem, however, they are not harmless. They can kill wildlife and have the capability to threaten the health and welfare of people.
    They are not benign figurative signals of hope, but trickery, sending out false messages of optimism.

Another American tribe, this time from the celluloid world of make believe, allude to lying as “speaking with forked tongue” – such is the voice of the wind turbine.

I Buxton
    Ashwater, Devon
    Green but not brainwashed

Using the sun to provide hot water.
    Driving a car that gets 73 miles per gallon.....

In case no-one has noticed - during this prolonged cold spell, none of the Caithness turbines have turned in over a week.
    This country was once in the forefront of the development of nuclear generated power - we have handed that baton to the French, while we mess about with unreliable installations which threaten our one remaining sustainable industry - tourism.

The reality is, that, unless we can produce cleaner, effective base-load generation, we are going to have to rely on foreign power, or do without a reliable source of power altogether

Quote Originally Posted by Green_not_greed View Post
    The amount of money to be made from wind turbines is - quite frankly - obscene. If a small amount of profit would be put aside to build them away from existing pylon lines - which is where everyone lives - in order to provide a feed line to the existing grid from a suitably remote location, then none of these problems would exist!

As we saw with Copenhagen, greed is driving the industry. "Saving the planet" comes well down the priorities list.
    I agree the turbines should be built away from folks front windows but there is no consideration for anybody when there is lots of money to be made at another persons heartache .
    Thanks to everyone that has supported the opposition.

I've just read an article about the future costs to not just consumers like us, but also big industry, if the government pursues its ludicrous targets of going green.

http://www.thisismoney.co.uk/markets...moretopstories

so we all pay obscene amounts of money to a few landowners and large foreign companies to pursue this green revolution, while the poor struggle even more to pay their electricity bills and big business goes out of business with the loss of thousands of jobs.

Quote Originally Posted by olivia View Post
    I've just read an article about the future costs to not just consumers like us, but also big industry, if the government pursues its ludicrous targets of going green.

http://www.thisismoney.co.uk/markets...moretopstories

so we all pay obscene amounts of money to a few landowners and large foreign companies to pursue this green revolution, while the poor struggle even more to pay their electricity bills and big business goes out of business with the loss of thousands of jobs.
    You are already paying at the rate of .15 pence/KWu . The provider does not have to mention this in your bill until you are using about 3000 units per month, but it is already factored into every electricity/gas bill. This is called the Climate Change Levy.
    Wind energy is also a gold-plated investment for traders, as it is underwritten by the Government to a huge extent, and by consumers (paid for as above by you and me).
    Just out of interest, a helicopter pilot whom I know quite well, says that a lot of his business comes from fat cats who want to fly over development areas to view possible opportunities.
    Did we learn nothing from the devastation wrought on the Caithness peatlands through forestry speculation in the 60s and 70s?
    The product or its effectiveness is not the point - it is the ability of whatever type of installation to turn the money mill that is important here.

Default object to spittal wind farm

come on folks we need a lot more objections to spittal hill wind farm after baillie "s approval.
    the folks there cant afford to employ 2 men to stand on streets and get people to sign up for wind alliance .

Quote Originally Posted by hilary View Post
    come on folks we need a lot more objections to spittal hill wind farm after baillie "s approval.
    the folks there cant afford to employ 2 men to stand on streets and get people to sign up for wind alliance .
    This is it from the picnic area at the end of Loch Watten

Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 345678 LastLast