Caithness Map :: Links to Site Map Paying too much for broadband? Move to PlusNet broadband and save£££s. Free setup now available - terms apply. PlusNet broadband.  
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: Rage Agaisnt The Machine

Default X Factor

Quote Originally Posted by Blarney View Post
    I think that we are all missing the point here. A recording gets to no.1 because people like it enough to actually buy it. Nobody forces them to buy it so if it gets to the top it's because more folk bought it than any other. I think that the real issue here is that the RATM recording is the preferred choice of the younger generation who think that the charts should reflect their taste in music. They obviously resent the fact that people from their parents' generation can have influence in what they perceive as their domain. Let's face it, there are millions who watch and enjoy X Factor and a vast majority will buy the single so it rightly deserves a number one spot. That's what happens when you live in a democracy...................

I have watched most of the Xfactor and enjoyed some of it, (Particularly the earlier rounds when a lot of the contestants made an Erse of themselves), but, like our friend Tonka, I thought the RATM was a loud noise that did not deserve a hearing and cut it short.

Joe Mcelderry (in my opinion) did enough to win the X factor and I liked the lad, but if I had to choose between which one I was going to spend my money on, it would be RATM.
    A man who fears suffering is already suffering from what he fears.

This is a no-brainer for me. It has to be RATM, not just because I like them but because the music industry has become a joke in the last 10 years or so.

I think we can all say we expect the X-Factor winner to be number 1 at Xmas, it's becoming as certain as Xmas day itself.
    I back RATM as I'm sick of hearing all this bland, mediocre music.

Joe may have a good voice, but at the moment he has no originality at all.
    It's yet another cover song (and in my opinion a terrible song) that they are releasing, obviously just rushing a song out to make money

All the proceeds from the RATM single going to charities is a nice touch at Xmas as well.

I expect Joe to be number 1 come whatever time the charts is on today but at least there has been competition this year and after yesterdays Bizarre column in The Sun paper I had to laugh. Joe throwing darts at a picture of Zack de la Rocha, surely Joe thinks he has a god-given right to be number 1 as he won X-Factor? As amusing as it is pathetic.

Come on RATM!
    Pictures of you, litter my floorboards.

small fishing village outside wick called pulteney

Talking simon

well i think cliff richard should be number 1 and to pot with all this new fangle stuff an simon blinking cowel
    if it wasnt for pubs it would be tescos for us all

I think that we are all missing the point here. A recording gets to no.1 because people like it enough to actually buy it. Nobody forces them to buy it so if it gets to the top it's because more folk bought it than any other. I think that the real issue here is that the RATM recording is the preferred choice of the younger generation who think that the charts should reflect their taste in music. They obviously resent the fact that people from their parents' generation can have influence in what they perceive as their domain. Let's face it, there are millions who watch and enjoy X Factor and a vast majority will buy the single so it rightly deserves a number one spot. That's what happens when you live in a democracy...................

Aye but do we ??, some folk even want a conservative government. (I dispare)

Quote Originally Posted by tonkatojo View Post
    Aye but do we ??, some folk even want a conservative government. (I dispare)
    Or no government at all. Bet then everything would be better!
    I SWORE ON ONE THREAD!
    GET OVER IT!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by ShelleyBain View Post
    Or no government at all. Bet then everything would be better!
    I'll take my chances with your suggestion rather than the cons.

Ratm - I bought it in protest against Simon Cowelll & his regime, NOT because its a song I like-I think its crap tbh.
    Cmey e Scorries

Quote Originally Posted by Amy-Winehouse View Post
    Ratm - I bought it in protest against Simon Cowelll & his regime, NOT because its a song I like-I think its crap tbh.
    You bought a record knowing it's crap for a protest. spending hard earned cash.

just listened to the RATM song..

I like it..

doesnt much like an xmas number one though..

have already downloaded RATM, but for a bit of fun i'd love the Muppets Bohemian Rhapsody to be number one

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tgbNymZ7vqY

Quote Originally Posted by greenasiamcabbagelooking View Post
    have already downloaded RATM, but for a bit of fun i'd love the Muppets Bohemian Rhapsody to be number one

Aye I'd go along with that version for no1. miles better than that RATM racket.

Default Muppets

Quote Originally Posted by greenasiamcabbagelooking View Post

I had heard from someone else about this post and never got around to viewing it.

I love Bohemian Rhapsody, and I also like the Muppet's, so thanks for the link.
    A man who fears suffering is already suffering from what he fears.

£0.29 from www.amazon.co.uk.

Hardly breaking the bank...
    "It makes my blood burn with metal energy..."

I wouldna pay 29p for it!

This should be No 1 http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=79m-O9f5qr0

There are some good send-up videos on youtube about X-factor and RATM. There's a good one in the Hitler Finds Out series, and also one by votejoe777.

Quote Originally Posted by Metalattakk View Post
    £0.29 from www.amazon.co.uk.

Hardly breaking the bank...
    Agree wi ye ere. definetely worth e 29p lol

Guess it depends what kinda music folks are into. But i do like RATM!
    I SWORE ON ONE THREAD!
    GET OVER IT!!!!!

Yes I did & thanks Metallattack for pointing out the price. Not much is it??
    29p to keep Slugface Cowell`s karaoke star off the number 1 spot , Ill sleep well tonight if RATM does the business . Then I will put it on ebay and sell it.
    Cmey e Scorries

18. Default

Well as a fifty year old parent i'm with the kids and hope RATM do make the No1 spot.I'm sick of hearing typical banal xfactor songs,verse chorus, verse,chorus,bridge and then guess what comes next,oh yes,a key change.
    X factor is about as bland and mind numbing as music can get,pure pop pap,totally devoid of any originality.

Any song downloaded that costs less than 40p doesn't count towards the charts....

The Loafer
    Tally ho with a bing and a bong and a buzz-buzz-buzz

Rage Agaisnt The Machine is number one in the charts

I've seen things you people wouldn't believe. Attack ships on fire off the shoulder of Orion. I watched C-beams glitter in the dark near the Tannhauser gate. All those moments will be lost in time, like tears in rain.ROY'S DEATH BLADE RUNNER 1982

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast