Caithness Map :: Links to Site Map Paying too much for broadband? Move to PlusNet broadband and save£££s. Free setup now available - terms apply. PlusNet broadband.  

Thread: Harborfest 2010?

Default Harborfest 2010?

Any chance there have been any dates discussed yet for Harborfest 2010? I am considering making the trip over next year, and would dearly love to attend.

Thanks!

Bruce H

Quote Originally Posted by Bruce_H View Post
    Any chance there have been any dates discussed yet for Harborfest 2010? I am considering making the trip over next year, and would dearly love to attend.

Thanks!

Bruce H
    As far as I am lead to believe the "Wick Harbourfest" only happens every two years but that may have changed.

I think the harbourfest takes place annually now, it has certainly taken place the last 3 years, but unfortunately I missed this years. Best to write to the Harbour Master c/o Harbour Office, Wick, Caithness, Scotland, or you can email Bill Fernie here on the org, I'm sure Bill will give you the information you require.
    Live the Dream, don't dream the life

Harbourfest is every two years. Next one is 2011.
    A 1991 Gallup survey indicated that 49 percent of Americans didn't know that white bread is made from wheat.

Angry

Quote Originally Posted by Whitewater View Post
    I think the harbourfest takes place annually now, it has certainly taken place the last 3 years, but unfortunately I missed this years. Best to write to the Harbour Master c/o Harbour Office, Wick, Caithness, Scotland, or you can email Bill Fernie here on the org, I'm sure Bill will give you the information you require.
    There has only been 2 harbourfests. Last year the RNLI had a "Harbourday" to raise funds for themselves and some people got confused with this and the "Harboufest" which is a totally different festival. 2007 Harbourfest had the flotilla and this year was the homecoming Harbourfest.

Quote Originally Posted by Kirdon View Post
    There has only been 2 harbourfests. Last year the RNLI had a "Harbourday" to raise funds for themselves and some people got confused with this and the "Harboufest" which is a totally different festival. 2007 Harbourfest had the flotilla and this year was the homecoming Harbourfest.

So which one is more fun to attend -- Harbourday or Harbourfest?

Quote Originally Posted by Margaret M. View Post
    So which one is more fun to attend -- Harbourday or Harbourfest?
    Herbourfest, harbourday has only about a quarter of the stalls, exhibits etc that harbourfest has. Although harbourday raises money solely for the RNLI so still worth attending.