Caithness Map :: Links to Site Map Paying too much for broadband? Move to PlusNet broadband and save£££s. Free setup now available - terms apply. PlusNet broadband.  
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: RHCP - no more?

Default RHCP - no more?

http://www.bebo.com/BlogView.jsp?MID...Id=10231858209

John has left the band, I can't see them go on without him. Shame
    I'm as mad as hell and I'm not going to take this anymore

Yaay! Maybe they'll get dave navarro back and make good music again instead of the insipid garbage they've been peddling in recently!
    "But primarily, the drummer's supposed to sit back there and swing the band." The actual Buddy Rich

Quote Originally Posted by buddyrich View Post
    yaay! Maybe they'll get dave navarro back and make good music again instead of the insipid garbage they've been peddling in recently!
    HERE HERE!

Unfortunately it doesn't look like it'll be the case...

This is the chap being rumoured to replace Frusciante http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Josh_Klinghoffer
    Last edited by theboss; 17-Dec-09 at 15:57.

Quote Originally Posted by buddyrich View Post
    Yaay! Maybe they'll get dave navarro back and make good music again instead of the insipid garbage they've been peddling in recently!
    now hold on a min! One Hot Minute was the worst Album the Chilli's ever created. Not saying that's Navarro's fault but he was sacked after the release

I think they should give "big" Jim Martin a call

Navarro is back with Jane's Addiction, so I can't see him returning to a band that he didn't enjoy playing in anyway. If the RHCP had any sense they'd call it a day. Then again, they've survived multiple line-up changes, so perhaps they will get a new axe-man. John Mayer, perhaps?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u-TSVwPkCok

Quote Originally Posted by The Pepsi Challenge View Post
    Navarro is back with Jane's Addiction, so I can't see him returning to a band that he didn't enjoy playing in anyway.
    I'm sure it won't be too long before Mr Farrell splits the band again though. He likes that!

One Hot Minute pisses over most RHCP stuff from a great height.

Quote Originally Posted by Jeid View Post
    One Hot Minute pisses over most RHCP stuff from a great height.
    Even over Californication and By the Way?

Quote Originally Posted by Invisible View Post

By a million miles. If there were to be contenders my choice would be Mothers Milk and Blood Sugar Sex Magik but as a rock fan I love One Hot Minute. Opinions and all that...

Quite a lot of modern Chili Pep' fans came to the band via Californification, which makes me feel real old, seeing as my introduction to them came via their 1984 debut, self-titled album. Regardless of fan and critical ignorance against it, that album is still one of my favourites. Andy Gill's production effectively tried to turn them into Gang Of Four, and I really liked Jack Sherman's guitar playing.

Bossman - whether Perry Farrell splits up Jane's in the near future, I reckon, will make little or no difference to the possibility of Navarro ever rejoining the Peppers. He didn't like the way they worked, they didn't like the way he worked, so it's quite probably said young buck will take up the axe-man role in a new-look Peppers.

truemendontkillcoyotes.org

Quote Originally Posted by Invisible View Post
    Californication, although it brought them back into the limelight... it was a mediocre album and By The Way, don't even get me started on that! It was a hideous album.

Quote Originally Posted by The Pepsi Challenge View Post
    Bossman - whether Perry Farrell splits up Jane's in the near future, I reckon, will make little or no difference to the possibility of Navarro ever rejoining the Peppers. He didn't like the way they worked, they didn't like the way he worked, so it's quite probably said young buck will take up the axe-man role in a new-look Peppers.
    Och I know he'll never go back to them and they wouldn't have him back. Guess we should just be glad he was there to right the riff to Coffee Shop. The simple ones are the best!

Blood Sugar Sex Magik

and that folks is that..

You young folks know nothing. First saw RHCP in 86 and then on many times.

When
    Blood Sugar Sex Magik

was released it was a time I saw them live as often as possible, and they totally KILLED every other act they appeared alongside, including Faith No More and Jane's Addiction.

It is easy to palm off Under The Bridge and Give It Away now, because you have all heard them so often, but when that album came out these were killer tunes.

I first heard Under The Bridge crossing over a bridge in Prague heading to a bar that was under that bridge, on a journey of extreme hedonism, not in the Newmarket on a Tuesday night. Different times maybe.. but no one should underestimate the height RHCP have elevated their art to at times.

I have to agree with Jeid, One Hot Minute is an absolutely great album, possibly one of my favourites by them.
    I listened to Californication a lot when it came out, it's good but not great.

By The Way and Stadium Arcadium are TERRIBLE albums.

Give me albums like One Hot Minute, Blood Sugar Sex Magik, Mother's Milk and The Uplift Mofo Party Plan any day over the crap they have released in the past 8 years.
    I ain't sure if they will call it a day for sure but if they do come back I hope to hear some funky fresh riffs again.
    Pictures of you, litter my floorboards.

Soon as the Peppers went middle-class my shutters came down.

Quote Originally Posted by theboss View Post
    Och I know he'll never go back to them and they wouldn't have him back. Guess we should just be glad he was there to right the riff to Coffee Shop. The simple ones are the best!
    What was wrong with it?

Quote Originally Posted by Blast! View Post
    What was wrong with it?
    What was wrong with what? The riff to coffee shop? Absolutely nothing!

as a RHCP fan i quite liked one hot minute but i wouldnt say it was one of their best albums. not sure why people dont like By The Way. i thought it was a fantastic album, alot of good melodic songs with great harmonies. yeah ok it wasnt classic chili peppers but to me it was an album with alot of maturity. just open your mind a bit to it. theres loads of good things about that album. i think to call it a terrible album is a wee bitty harsh. they are a very different band to what they were in the 80's. maybe some of there ideas and opinions about life have changed which has reflected on their music.
    Last edited by tattoo_tearz; 19-Dec-09 at 15:35.

Quote Originally Posted by tattoo_tearz View Post
    as a RHCP fan i quite liked one hot minute but i wouldnt say it was one of their best albums. not sure why people dont like By The Way. i thought it was a fantastic album, alot of good melodic songs with great harmonies. yeah ok it wasnt classic chili peppers but to me it was an album with alot of maturity. just open your mind a bit to it. theres loads of good things about that album. i think to call it a terrible album is a wee bitty harsh. they are a very different band to what they were in the 80's. maybe some of there ideas and opinions about life have changed which has reflected on their music.
    That's fair enough mate, that's your opinion
    I love One Hot Minute, it's one of my favourite Chili's albums. I actually hate By The Way though, boring, predictable and souless. This is just my opinion though of course
    Pictures of you, litter my floorboards.

Josh Klinghoffer has now been confirmed as Frusciante's replacement.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast