Caithness Map :: Links to Site Map Paying too much for broadband? Move to PlusNet broadband and save£££s. Free setup now available - terms apply. PlusNet broadband.  
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: It's snowing!

My sister in law is currently driving up from Edinburgh and she has had snow pretty much all the way north and just got passed helmsdale before they shut ( or were going to shut) the snow gates , quite dissapointed we havn't any here in Thurso , i usually dont even like the stuff .

Default berridale braes

i have just had to turn around and come back to wick. a van has turned over at the braes and is being recovered its snowing a lot up there and there are lots of people in their cars waiting to get through. i still have to travel south so any updates on here would be appreciated. it took me two hours to do the return journey so beware if you try it yourself.

No snow in Inverness, its not fair I love the snow.

Came up earlier on this evening about 6, snow had just fallen and the braes were absolutely treacherous, van in front had come to dead halt wheels spinning he indicated to pass him, blinking laughed as I was no better than him, I spun past him very very very slowly. It was madness a lorry nearly side swiped me.

I also thought it strange whilst going through the town and a lassie pointed and mouthed oh my god, until i got out the car at the house and seen the amount of snow on the car!!

Just looked at the Traffic Scotland web cam for the ord - the road is black with snow on the verges
    Knowledge talks - Wisdom listens

the snow has got bad here in fife love the snow just hate the slush afterwards

I've seen things you people wouldn't believe. Attack ships on fire off the shoulder of Orion. I watched C-beams glitter in the dark near the Tannhauser gate. All those moments will be lost in time, like tears in rain.ROY'S DEATH BLADE RUNNER 1982

As quite a couple of others have said, it is snowing heavily in Edinburgh at the moment. Or at least it is down at the KB end.
    I shall be telling this with a sigh, somewhere ages and ages hence. Two roads diverged in a wood, and I — I took the one less traveled by, and that has made all the difference. - Robert Frost

Default No snow yet

Had a wee bit of hail this afternoon,but nothing since.

More snow in Edinburgh at the moment. And just to show how mature I am, I have just had a snowball fight. Got some pretty weird looks by an old woman walking her dog, but oh well, I'm only young once!
    Last edited by Alan16; 17-Dec-09 at 23:57.
    I shall be telling this with a sigh, somewhere ages and ages hence. Two roads diverged in a wood, and I — I took the one less traveled by, and that has made all the difference. - Robert Frost

Quote Originally Posted by Alan16 View Post
    More snow in Edinburgh at the moment. And just to show how mature I am, I have just had a snowball fight. Got some pretty weird looks by an old woman walking her dog, but oh well, I'm only young once!
    Yer quite right! Make e most o it cos i know i wud if there was snow here! I had e sledges oot last year.
    I SWORE ON ONE THREAD!
    GET OVER IT!!!!!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12