Caithness Map :: Links to Site Map Paying too much for broadband? Move to PlusNet broadband and save£££s. Free setup now available - terms apply. PlusNet broadband.  
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Christmas Songs

Default Answear

Quote Originally Posted by northener View Post
    'Christmas'

"Metalattakk posted the Boney M song with the lyrics in the first verse that said "Marys boy child Jesus Christ was born on Christmas day"

That's being somewhat anachronistic if you think about it. Of course Jesus Christ was born on his birthday...most people are. When else could he have been born?
    It couldn't have been called Christmas until after his birth......
    Thank you northener, that's the answer I was looking for.

Quote Originally Posted by joxville View Post
    Further to Kevin's question, where did the 'Christ' come in? It's been many a year since I've read the Bible, however I don't recall anyone in it having a 'surname'. Jesus' parents are only referred to as Joseph and Mary so who decided on the Christ part?
    Good question Jox, I hope I have not opened a can of worms in someone else's thread.
    A man who fears suffering is already suffering from what he fears.

Quote Originally Posted by joxville View Post
    Further to Kevin's question, where did the 'Christ' come in? It's been many a year since I've read the Bible, however I don't recall anyone in it having a 'surname'. Jesus' parents are only referred to as Joseph and Mary so who decided on the Christ part?
    I think it's Greek/Roman? in origin and means 'holy' or 'anointed' - summat like that. So it's a title as opposed to 'Mr and Mrs Christ'...which would be a really cool name, methinks.....

What are you lot on about?

Since when was Christmas about Christ anyway!!!

Tabernacles indeed.

It'll be lonely this Christmas - love it!

Oh and Mariah Carey and Wizzard!

My absolute favouritest Christmas song, always makes me feel good. Unfortunately I won't be driving to Scotland this year, (short of another miracle ).

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=czhZbqpyBm8

The best part I love about the org forum is sometimes ye can change yer mind.Ma favourite Christmas song now is 'Bohemian Rhapsody',by Queen and the Muppets.Youtube it honestly when Beaker says Gallileo,ye'll be in stitches
    Their coming to take me away.....haha-hee-hee-ho-ho

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123