Caithness Map :: Links to Site Map Paying too much for broadband? Move to PlusNet broadband and save£££s. Free setup now available - terms apply. PlusNet broadband.  
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: Very close accident.. Hempriggs

Just Outside The Gateway To Hell 3rd House On The Left

Quote Originally Posted by Rheghead View Post
    Since when does the driving test include skills relating to driving at high speed?

Since when does driving at 60 miles an hour constitute driving at speed the last time i checked it was the NATIONAL speed limit

The way your talking about it is like your driving a space shuttle on the roads not a car
    Last edited by The Angel Of Death; 17-Dec-09 at 13:55.
    Give a child a hammer and the whole world becomes a nail

Quote Originally Posted by Rheghead View Post
    Since when does the driving test include skills relating to driving at high speed?

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Think Angel of Death answered that for me.
    Last edited by M R; 17-Dec-09 at 13:49.
    STAY IN TUNE

Default Flashing light

In my opinion driving well below the speed limit especially in good conditions is as dangerous as speeding (Speeding=over the spead limit). Although I can understand why some people do drive slowly (sometimes you just want to take in the scenery) However I think it should be law that if you drive slowly say 45mph or lower then you should be treated like other slow moving vehicles ie tractors. You should be made to have a flashing light on top of your vehicle to give additional warning to other drivers a bit like your hazard warning lights something you could switch on when you know you may be causing a hazard. (especially at night).

Now I know there are technical issues etc with regard to were would it go and how would it look etc so dont ask!

Quote Originally Posted by FutureMix View Post
    In my opinion driving well below the speed limit especially in good conditions is as dangerous as speeding (Speeding=over the spead limit). Although I can understand why some people do drive slowly (sometimes you just want to take in the scenery) However I think it should be law that if you drive slowly say 45mph or lower then you should be treated like other slow moving vehicles ie tractors. You should be made to have a flashing light on top of your vehicle to give additional warning to other drivers a bit like your hazard warning lights something you could switch on when you know you may be causing a hazard. (especially at night).

Now I know there are technical issues etc with regard to were would it go and how would it look etc so dont ask!
    What's your opinion on the proposed laws of 20mph on all urban roads and a maximum 50mph on A class roads.
    I have my fingers in my lugs for the outbursts LOL.

Quote Originally Posted by tonkatojo View Post
    What's your opinion on the proposed laws of 20mph on all urban roads and a maximum 50mph on A class roads.
    I have my fingers in my lugs for the outbursts LOL.
    'One size fits all' measures rarely work. I'd be all for 20mph speed limits in many bult up areas, but not all.

The same applies to a blanket 50mph limit. Eminently sensible on winding country roads and ridiculous on some others.

The problem is that it would mean applying some logic, planning and expense to evaluate which sections should be restricted. And that won't happe - so we'll be stiffed by the Authorities on this and have to comply to pointless lower limits in many places.

Quote Originally Posted by caithnesslad View Post
    Most BMW, Audi drivers i find are quite fond of doing that, Flat out on a straight then big red lights on the rear on the corners lol.
    That is exactly what the road conditions dictate in a lot of circumstances.. I am sure they are usually braking to reduce speed to take the corner, not always because they carried too much speed into the corners, (something the young lads like to do for the rush they get).

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345