Caithness Map :: Links to Site Map Paying too much for broadband? Move to PlusNet broadband and save£££s. Free setup now available - terms apply. PlusNet broadband.  

Thread: Will it be a white Christmas?

Default Will it be a white Christmas?

For once I'm hoping the weather forecast posted on metcheck for the week beginning 21st December is correct. It's showing snow. Well Tugs can we believe it?

http://www.metcheck.com/V40/UK/FREE/...p?zipcode=wick

I hope so Venture,it'll make a nice change from rain and would be good for the kids to see and remember cos we haven't had many in the last decade or so and it just makes it feel more Christmassy.

I heard on the news that the bookies have slashed the odds so they must think so!

Quote Originally Posted by Venture View Post
    For once I'm hoping the weather forecast posted on metcheck for the week beginning 21st December is correct. It's showing snow. Well Tugs can we believe it?

http://www.metcheck.com/V40/UK/FREE/...p?zipcode=wick
    wayyyyyyyyyy to early for me to be sure, but i am intrigued as metcheck are one of the worst sites i know of in my opinion.
    i'll have a look this afternoon at the charts i like to use, they start coming out about 4pm so will report back my thoughts - btw it would be nice!
    i been here since october 2002 and can remember one christmas day waking up to snow on the ground but it had gone by tea time, maybe 2005?

I do hope it's a White Christmas, I heard Carol from BBC Breakfast say that Siberian weather is making its way west towards us.
    I'm as mad as hell and I'm not going to take this anymore

I'd love a white Christmas but my husband is working nights in Inverness on 23rd and 24th and driving back Christmas morning. It would be a nightmare if he got stuck down there!
    Last edited by supernova; 15-Dec-09 at 13:35.

Default hi

yes it will be a white christmas if you have got bad dandruff lol

Meteogroup which the PA(Press Association) use are predicting wind and quite heavy rain by the looks of things. Strongish westerly winds for most of the country.
    You'll never talk alone!

Im going to cross my fingers anyway!!
    dafsorkneybirding.blogspot.com

ok, just had a look and as i said, it's wayyyy to early to be sure, 5 days previous is as accurate as i can be.
    at the moment the charts for christmas day up here are just showing a south east breeze with rain and temps of around 5c - in other words YUK

if you want i'll do a christmas forecast next monday evening?

Quote Originally Posted by supernova View Post
    I'd love a white Christmas but my husband is working nights in Inverness on 23rd and 24th and driving back Christmas morning. It would be a nightmare if he got stuck down there!
    Know how you feel. My partner and myself are going up north to spent christmas with family and due to us both having to work xmas eve til 6 (time off not possible) we won't be leaving til about 8.

Sorry everyone but i really don't want a white christmas. Not being able to spent christmas with my family would make it a awful christmas!
    Electronics, Sales, Spares & Repairs * TV * AUDIO * PC & LAPTOP * GAMES CONSOLES * IN CAR ENTERTAINMENT * DOMESTIC APPLIANCES * WEEE DISPOSAL *www.facebook.com/Vistravi.Tech * www.vistravi.com *

Quote Originally Posted by Tugmistress View Post
    ok, just had a look and as i said, it's wayyyy to early to be sure, 5 days previous is as accurate as i can be.
    at the moment the charts for christmas day up here are just showing a south east breeze with rain and temps of around 5c - in other words YUK

That would be great Tugmistress I trust your forecasts more than the metoffice and if there is any chance of snow I'd like to be forewarned

Quote Originally Posted by Tugmistress View Post

I've had a look again and its changed to only having snow on Christmas Day. They must have gotten "wind" of your more accurate forecast Tugs. Ah well we can live in hope.
    Last edited by Venture; 15-Dec-09 at 19:42.

I can remember getting snowed out in Thurso on christmas eve ....unable to get home to mum and dads one year
    I had to stay at Grannys and Christmas was just not "right" somehow...

Would be about 10 years ago???