Caithness Map :: Links to Site Map Paying too much for broadband? Move to PlusNet broadband and save£££s. Free setup now available - terms apply. PlusNet broadband.  

Thread: super markets price war

Default super markets price war

the national news has reported a petrol forecourt price war, ASDA says all of the 179 nation wide forecourts will charge £1.039 for petrol and £1.059 for diesel , this is maximum,Tesco has announced it will follow suit (notice follow never leading). I wonder if us up here will get the full benefit, pigs might fly. It will be a merry rip of from tesco yet again.

Default Fuel

Quote Originally Posted by tonkatojo View Post
    the national news has reported a petrol forecourt price war, ASDA says all of the 179 nation wide forecourts will charge £1.039 for petrol and £1.059 for diesel , this is maximum,Tesco has announced it will follow suit (notice follow never leading). I wonder if us up here will get the full benefit, pigs might fly. It will be a merry rip of from tesco yet again.
    Dam,,,,,,,,,and I put £20-00 worth in today.
    A man who fears suffering is already suffering from what he fears.

Quote Originally Posted by Kevin Milkins View Post
    Dam,,,,,,,,,and I put £20-00 worth in today.

I know how your feeling Kevin I put £37.98 yesterday and am not chuffed but having said that I think we will have only lost 1pence per litre from the Wick Scrooges.

Drove past Tesco's Wick tonight - according to the roadside price display they have dropped their fuel prices by 2p a litre
    Knowledge talks - Wisdom listens

Quote Originally Posted by Stack Rock View Post
    Drove past Tesco's Wick tonight - according to the roadside price display they have dropped their fuel prices by 2p a litre

Well thats 2/3 of the price quoted on telly, but that's par for the course with Wick tesco, we never get the full benifit or cut that else where does. That's why we need an ASDA store, a store that treats all the stores the same with a one price policy, not the tesco system of screw as much as possible out of them, even dunnets were on par with them for the past week.
    It was reported by the AA that oil prices have been falling for the past 6-8 weeks, ask yourselves why tesco has been increasing fuel prices in the last 6-8 weeks. What I can't believe is some people genuinely don't want an ASDA.