Caithness Map :: Links to Site Map Paying too much for broadband? Move to PlusNet broadband and save£££s. Free setup now available - terms apply. PlusNet broadband.  
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Cloth/Reusable/Real Nappies

Quote Originally Posted by Red View Post
    Just goes to show how much work we (nappy projects) have to do to publicise the correct information when even the Environment Minister is ignorant of the true facts...
    No, it goes to show how much you have to do to convince people you are right. You won't get very far by calling yourself 'correct' and others 'ignorant' with a religious zeal that has turned me off you instantly.

It's definately a lot cheaper to use toweling nappies.

Default cloth nappies

Also cloth nappies can do more than one child.

Well Vistravi,

If you do move somewhere with better facilities and you do fancy at least attempting to have a go with proper nappies when your baby arrives - please get in touch with the project (www.hrnp.org.uk) or come along to a nappuccino (will advertise on here again no doubt). I'm sure that we can advise something suitable for you to try if nothing else...
    It's defintly worth considering when we do move to somewhere that means clothes dry faster than they currently do where we are. Money saving is very much on our agenda.
    Electronics, Sales, Spares & Repairs * TV * AUDIO * PC & LAPTOP * GAMES CONSOLES * IN CAR ENTERTAINMENT * DOMESTIC APPLIANCES * WEEE DISPOSAL *www.facebook.com/Vistravi.Tech * www.vistravi.com *

Quote Originally Posted by crayola View Post
    No, it goes to show how much you have to do to convince people you are right. You won't get very far by calling yourself 'correct' and others 'ignorant' with a religious zeal that has turned me off you instantly.
    to be fair she didn;t call the Environment Minister ignorant....she said they were "ignorant" of the facts.....

Doesn't mean she thinks them to be all together ignorant.....

Thanks for your opinions Crayola - I'll bear them in mind to try to sound less preachy in future. I'm also sorry that you have taken an instant dislike to me because you misread my message.

As has been said by others (thanks to them) I didn't call the Minister ignorant, I did say that he was ignorant of the facts.

Thanks for your opinions Crayola - I'll bear them in mind to try to sound less preachy in future. I'm also sorry that you have taken an instant dislike to me because you misread my message.

As has been said by others (thanks to them) I didn't call the Minister ignorant, I did say that he was ignorant of the facts.
    You're not learning. I did not misread your message and I'm not interested in your semantic excuses.

Quote Originally Posted by KEEP_ON_TRUCKIN View Post
    to be fair she didn;t call the Environment Minister ignorant....she said they were "ignorant" of the facts.....

Doesn't mean she thinks them to be all together ignorant.....

Agree on that.I think someone has got out of the wrong side of the bed today.

Quote Originally Posted by crayola View Post
    You're not learning. I did not misread your message and I'm not interested in your semantic excuses.
    Fair enough.

Can you please stop ruining a thread which was intended to provide food for thought for other people with your nastiness.

If people want to play devil's advocate and ask questions regarding reusable nappies or question the logic behind my thoughts then I'll try to provide them with accurate facts and figures, and use my own experience to furnish these facts. That is what this thread was intended to do.

I apologise to anyone who I have offended with my belief that reusable nappies can be used by anyone and that they are better for your child, your purse and the environment.

Quote Originally Posted by Aaldtimer View Post
    5 days to dry properly in your flat? Have ye no heating?
    My mother raised 7 bairns in a one bedroom tenement flat in Dundee in the 1940s without any machines /tumble-driers/etc...wonder how she managed before disposables eh?
    Oh aye, she had a washing line oot the kitchen windae!
    Aye and when she brought them in it was on a clothes horse in front of the fire till it went out and ironed the next morn to finish off.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12