Caithness Map :: Links to Site Map Paying too much for broadband? Move to PlusNet broadband and save£££s. Free setup now available - terms apply. PlusNet broadband.  
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Greatest Scottish Band

Quote Originally Posted by gleeber View Post
    The best Scottish band Ive ever heard was Grateful Dead. Brilliant!
    Anyway, I was wondering about something. When you blokes meet in the pubs at christmas, do you ignore eachother or do you blether as if nothing ever happened?
    Everyone I've met from this section of the org have been very nice people indeed. Can't speak for them, but I reckon they don't think I'm a total ogre, either. Right, folks...? Right folks?!

TPC isn't a total ogre.....unless Snow Patrol come on the jukebox......then it all gets a bit unpredictable......
    You get what you give

I've bumped into Baz a couple of times and shook hands and said hello. He's no a bad chap. In fact, most of the org people are fine, we just like a verbal joust!

You're all ############s in my book!

Quote Originally Posted by Jeid View Post
    I've bumped into Baz a couple of times and shook hands and said hello. He's no a bad chap. In fact, most of the org people are fine, we just like a verbal joust!
    Exactly, this place is boring when everyone gets along.

Quote Originally Posted by Invisible View Post
    Hate to inform you but - http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Grateful_dead - aint Scottish
    I didna see ye there invisible.
    When I was a whippersnapper some of the talk spoken here was only thought. Ye widna dare. It was still fashionable to go out on a saturday night for a fight.
    Fair play chaps.

Quote Originally Posted by The Pepsi Challenge View Post
    Everyone I've met from this section of the org have been very nice people indeed. Can't speak for them, but I reckon they don't think I'm a total ogre, either. Right, folks...? Right folks?!
    Yes TPC, you are absolutely right!

Quote Originally Posted by The Pepsi Challenge View Post
    Ogres are big and frightening. Certainly not you!!!!!!! You're just a wee ginger heided twerp.

Ho ho, calm yer pants min, Ginger he may be... but he's got a full heid o'hair

There a man above me whose no a bad Scottish musician. His yowng cheils no bad either.
    I listened to his latest CD on the way up west yesterday. It's called Fats greatest non hits, Highly recommend it. Get it for your grannies for Christmas.

Quote Originally Posted by gleeber View Post
    There a man above me whose no a bad Scottish musician. His yowng cheils no bad either.
    I listened to his latest CD on the way up west yesterday. It's called Fats greatest non hits, Highly recommend it. Get it for your grannies for Christmas.
    I had a look on YouTube, canna find it
    Once the original Grumpy Owld Man but alas no more

Quote Originally Posted by Jeid View Post
    Ho ho, calm yer pants min, Ginger he may be... but he's got a full heid o'hair
    So???????????????

And a Merry Christmas to all you baldies, indie kids, potential murderers, Rangers fans, and non-gingers alike, too. I can't remember all I might have said to offend anyone over the past year, but what can I say - it was a free bar

Have a Happy New Year, and and all the very best in 2010.

Good health!

Bazza.... GIRUY!

Back to Scottish Bands.......What about Beggar's Opera? Just noticed someone has put up Shark to Haggis.
    Last edited by Shabbychic; 19-Dec-09 at 17:55.

Thumbs up

Beggers Opera - Agree
    Tear Gas (SAHB before Alex)
    Marmalade
    Blue (no not the boyband but the original ones with Nicholson and Macmillan)
    Writing on the Wall (morphed into Beggars Opera)
    Danny Wilson
    Deacon Blue
    Pallas
    Stone the Crows
    Gun
    Frankie Miller
    John Martyn
    Silly Wizard

Well if we were talking musicians not just bands John Martyn would be my choice all day long.

Regardless of where he was born, he is for me one of the greatest song writers of all time.

I saw him so many times, and now I am reminded I will never see him again. That is a deep cut.

I always thought Over The Hill summed up my frequent escapes home to the North well in my wild days in London.

I hope John is resting well.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123