Caithness Map :: Links to Site Map Paying too much for broadband? Move to PlusNet broadband and save£££s. Free setup now available - terms apply. PlusNet broadband.  
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: blue moon

[quote]
    Incidentally, I remember a wee musical band called "Blue Moon" from a few years ago. I used to really enjoy their music but I can't remember, for the life of me, the names of the individual members. Can you ask your Dad to drop me a PM and put me out of my misery? Cheers Trix.

The band had a few line up changes but the longest running line up was Jackie Macmaster on vocals and guitar, David Cormack on bass and vocals, Martin Hill on drums and myself, Douglas Cowie on lead guitar.

Now this is the really really spooky part, only ten minutes before reading this thread I had been speaking to David Cormack who is home on holidays for the New Year and we were discussing a reunion gig next Summer as its about twenty years since we last played together. We hope to do a gig in Wick probably in Gala week. Once we have organised everything I will post it on the Org.

Quote Originally Posted by cuddlepop View Post
    This has got a technical term but I cant remember what its called so I'll describe what I saw lastnight.

The moon seemed to have an enormous ring round it,like a huge circle or picture frame...just beautifully "magic" looking.
    Was it one of these, maybe a moon halo?

Moon Light Effects

Quote Originally Posted by crayola View Post
    Was it one of these, maybe a moon halo?

Moon Light Effects
    Yes it was indeed one of those and apparently its been like that for the past few nights.
    I drew the short straw and had to walk the dogs so saw it for myself.
    Thanks crayola.
    Never judge someone until you have walked two moons in their moccasins.

Native American Indian saying.

Smile Ring around the moon

Hi. I was always told that it would be frosty if there was a ring around the moon. Too true so far!!!

I always understood that the halo round the moon was caused by small ice crystals in the upper atmosphere which resulted from it being frosty.
    Animals I like, people I tolerate.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12