Caithness Map :: Links to Site Map Paying too much for broadband? Move to PlusNet broadband and save£££s. Free setup now available - terms apply. PlusNet broadband.  
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Dear me.

Quote Originally Posted by kwbrown111
    sorry i'm not really trying to bully but what's the harm in a bit of humour as i said lifes to short
    I haven't seen any ban on humour, I've seen a few people pretending that the moderators banned humour so they can have a go at them but I haven't seen any ban on humour.

I saw a serious thread about Tescos taken over by a small group of people who would rather talk about something else and talk about it in as many threads as possible. I saw when the thread was no longer about Tescos it was locked and quite rightly, we are all diffferent and like to talk about different things it just isn't fair for one small group of people to force what they want onto everyone as who they are and as what they want to talk about.

Basically what happened was that a small group of people didn't like sharing the forum with others, some of the forum they liked but there were a lot of other people wanted to talk about boring things as well and they saw a way they could get rid of them, saw a way to control the forum and make what they wanted not what the others wanted. They formed a gang, with a badge to show they were in the gang, a word they would all use to identify themselves and they would just move in on any thread they didn't like and flood it. Bullying is exactly what was happening, people might not have realised that that was what they were doing but it was, plain and simple.

So you have a gang who thinks they now control caithness.org when all of a sudden a moderator steps in and shows them they don't. What do they do? Try bullying the moderators into leaving them alone by stiring up resentment against them on the forum, call them big brother and control freaks, tell everyone their rights of free speech are being abused, tell everyone the moderators have banned humour when infact they didn't ban anything at all.

Quote Originally Posted by fred
    I haven't seen any ban on humour, I've seen a few people pretending that the moderators banned humour so they can have a go at them but I haven't seen any ban on humour.

I saw a serious thread about Tescos taken over by a small group of people who would rather talk about something else and talk about it in as many threads as possible. I saw when the thread was no longer about Tescos it was locked and quite rightly, we are all diffferent and like to talk about different things it just isn't fair for one small group of people to force what they want onto everyone as who they are and as what they want to talk about.

Basically what happened was that a small group of people didn't like sharing the forum with others, some of the forum they liked but there were a lot of other people wanted to talk about boring things as well and they saw a way they could get rid of them, saw a way to control the forum and make what they wanted not what the others wanted. They formed a gang, with a badge to show they were in the gang, a word they would all use to identify themselves and they would just move in on any thread they didn't like and flood it. Bullying is exactly what was happening, people might not have realised that that was what they were doing but it was, plain and simple.

So you have a gang who thinks they now control caithness.org when all of a sudden a moderator steps in and shows them they don't. What do they do? Try bullying the moderators into leaving them alone by stiring up resentment against them on the forum, call them big brother and control freaks, tell everyone their rights of free speech are being abused, tell everyone the moderators have banned humour when infact they didn't ban anything at all.
    Not often I agree with you Fred....but there is always a first time for everything and I with you all the way on this posting, I think gang, clique, are too strong terms to use, a bunch is more my opinon, I hope the Tesco issue can be resolved by other means
    Once the original Grumpy Owld Man but alas no more

Quote Originally Posted by unicorn
    Nastyness seems ok these days, it's humour where the problem lays.
    That is exactly what I was thinking.

MON GLEBER2

hehe
    Big Imagination For Feeling Young Cause Life Yearns Real Optimism

Talking Saw this in the mornig paper and thought of Gleber2,scarieeee

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123