Caithness Map :: Links to Site Map Paying too much for broadband? Move to PlusNet broadband and save£££s. Free setup now available - terms apply. PlusNet broadband.  

Thread: Did you know....

Default Did you know....

The first decimal coins were introduced in the United Kingdom on this day in 1968. The new five and ten pence coins were designed to correspond both in size and value to the shillings and florins they would eventually replace when full decimalisation came into effect in 1971.
    www.tugmistress.co.uk

Default Tell me about it!

All those prices to be changed no exact equivalent but then you would be too young to remember that Tuggs!

Quote Originally Posted by LIZZ
    All those prices to be changed no exact equivalent but then you would be too young to remember that Tuggs!
    Oh the youngsters of today, no wonder the country is in the state it is
    Once the original Grumpy Owld Man but alas no more

1971.....the year that wee Cedric popped out to say"hello".Cheers for the memories Tugmistress.
    Their coming to take me away.....haha-hee-hee-ho-ho

Quote Originally Posted by LIZZ
    ok i'll admit i was too young to remember the 1968 bit, but i remember the '71 decimalisation, i got such a shock when my nana gave me some new money to go to the village shop for her like i used to every weekend (she used to send me every week prearranged with the shop mannie for her magazine as it was only around the corner in the village where we lived near hull)
    www.tugmistress.co.uk