Caithness Map :: Links to Site Map Paying too much for broadband? Move to PlusNet broadband and save£££s. Free setup now available - terms apply. PlusNet broadband.  
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: Hunting

Quote Originally Posted by Anfield View Post
    Took your advice and googled "veil (sic) of clettwr" and could not find anything, I then looked up "Burkha of Clettwr" & "Hijab of Clettwr" thinking you had made a mistake, but again no joy.

In exasperation, I then googled "Vale of Clettwr", and found the hunt that you referred to. Seems that this hunt has a history of both badger baiting and violence against people. which supports the argument that people who like hurting animals, also like hurting their fellow man.
    In case you have "forgotten" about the heroic exploits of your former "hunt" I enclose details for you

Vale Of Clettwr Foxhounds"..Vale Of Clettwr Foxhounds Hunt master David Lyn Lloyd (47) of Blaenpant Farm, Pencader and terriermen John Geraint Owen Thomas (48) of Gwarbistgwynwydd, Maesycrugiau, and Gethin Jones (46) of Gardde, Cwmdwyfran and foot follower John Gareth Jones (64) of Golygfa, Heol Gilfachwen, Llandysul had encroached without permission on to forestry land. Gethin Jones who said he had 30 years' experience as a terrierman, dismissed a prosecution suggestion that he had disturbed an active badger's sett and said he had walked around the area and had not seen any signs of setts. John Geraint Thomas said, "I have been a terrierman for over 30 years and there is no doubt in my mind that this was not a badger's sett. I know there are active setts in the area but we couldn't see these from where we were."

In addition there is also the following:

Three supporters of the Vale Of Clettwr Foxhounds bound over to the keep the peace for a year after an incident when a sab van was surrounded and the driver dragged out and held upside down. Terrierman Emyr Davies and supporters John Galmore Jones and John Geraint Owens denied violent disorder and the theft of 6 items of sab equipment.."

Finally, could you indicate in the Hunting Act 2004 the relevant section which states that "you must carry a gun with you at all times.."

I trust that this will be forthcoming because you do state in your very lucid post that you know this Act "im only saying this because i know more bout hunting than you probably do"

And in the interest of providing a balanced argument, I await your quoting of criminal convictions against those who use violence and intimidation to further the Anti cause...

...I'll not hold my breath, Anfield.

Quote Originally Posted by Walter Ego View Post
    And in the interest of providing a balanced argument, I await your quoting of criminal convictions against those who use violence and intimidation to further the Anti cause...I'll not hold my breath, Anfield.
    Can I ask you for your "balanced argument" on why, and when, it is necesary to dig a badger out of its sett, and set several terriers onto it?
    Is it for conservation, prevention of the "alleged" spread of TB or what?. Or is just an excuse for sick thugs to enjoy watching an animal ripped to bits.

With regards your second point, I did a search, and could find NO cases of "Anti" protesters ever being arrested, never mind convicted, for violence or intimidation against this hunt.

I do enclose a link though giving details of pro hunting people who have been convicted for various offences against people who are opposed to the barbaric activity that you wish to defend
    You may note that this link is from the North West branch of the Hunt Saboteurs Association. Doubtless, other regions will keep their own lists.

To join the Hunt Saboteurs Association follow link.
    Michael Stone is innocent.
    Convicted without any forensic evidence and failed to be picked at any ID parade
    So who did kill Lin & Megan Russell
    http://www.michaelstone.co.uk/

I can take antis but sabs are scum! I've seen first hand how they treat animals - I've seen cattle prods used on dogs and horses, citronella sprayed in dogs faces, hunt dogs kicked - animal lovers? I think not... Not human lovers either - in the same incident one sab also pulled a 6 year old child off a pony Truly awful.

Edit - this happened at a drag hunt - no hunting of animals was actually being done! They just protest for the sake of it...

Anti's I have a lot of respect for, sabs - no tolerance at all! And you have shown your stance on this Anfield and as a result have gone right down in my estimations...
    ¡ǝʇǝןdɯoɔ sı ǝɟıן ʎɯ - buızɐɹb sǝsɹoɥ ʎɯ sı ooן ʎɯ ɯoɹɟ ʍǝıʌ ǝɥʇ

Can I ask you for your "balanced argument" on why, and when, it is necesary to dig a badger out of its sett, and set several terriers onto it?
    Is it for conservation, prevention of the "alleged" spread of TB or what?. Or is just an excuse for sick thugs to enjoy watching an animal ripped to bits.

With regards your second point, I did a search, and could find NO cases of "Anti" protesters ever being arrested, never mind convicted, for violence or intimidation against this hunt.

I do enclose a link though giving details of pro hunting people who have been convicted for various offences against people who are opposed to the barbaric activity that you wish to defend
    You may note that this link is from the North West branch of the Hunt Saboteurs Association. Doubtless, other regions will keep their own lists.

As predicted - no balanced view. Just more onesided tripe.

Same old, same old.

Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz zz............

Quote Originally Posted by Leanne View Post
    I can take antis but sabs are scum! I've seen first hand how they treat animals - I've seen cattle prods used on dogs and horses, citronella sprayed in dogs faces, hunt dogs kicked - animal lovers? I think not... Not human lovers either - in the same incident one sab also pulled a 6 year old child off a pony Truly awful.

Edit - this happened at a drag hunt - no hunting of animals was actually being done! They just protest for the sake of it...

Anti's I have a lot of respect for, sabs - no tolerance at all! And you have shown your stance on this Anfield and as a result have gone right down in my estimations...
    Is this the same Leanne that posted:
    Quote Originally Posted by Leanne View Post
    As stated before - I was anti. Now I'm looking for sustainable alternatives. I have done some real research - I have been to a hunt and seen what happens with my own eyes. This is not what turned me anti though - I didn't get the impression that people there were there for the bloodlust, far from it. Most seemed to be there to exercise their horses. And contrary to popular belief there are just as many foot followers as mounted people. The hunt I witnessed lasted 3 hours. There was much waiting around, many false starts and to be honest it wasn't at all what I expected. When a hound was found the actual 'chase' lasted about 15 minutes. The fox managed to stop for a pee along the way and was caught by the lead hound and dispatched by having its throat torn out (this is what I didn't like). It was however quick.

On the other side I have seen a fox shot by a farmer but not killed, just mortally wounded. It got away but who knows how long it lasted for before it finally died. Shooting isn't always the quick and painless option...

I am well researched - more than most I have debated with (it you want some really interesting debate go on the horse and hound forum where there are just as many antis as pros but where people are talking with a sound knowledge base). Any points I make on this subject are from personal experience, not second hand or what I read on a website.
    Leanne you get funnier as you get older, you still can't make your mind up what type of hunt you attended can you, was it a drag hunt or a real hunt.
    I trust that you can support (like I have) all the allegations you make about the "incidents" that took place at this hunt.

If you want to see more of Leannes "real research" take a look at this thread
    Michael Stone is innocent.
    Convicted without any forensic evidence and failed to be picked at any ID parade
    So who did kill Lin & Megan Russell
    http://www.michaelstone.co.uk/

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345