Caithness Map :: Links to Site Map Paying too much for broadband? Move to PlusNet broadband and save£££s. Free setup now available - terms apply. PlusNet broadband.  
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Hunting

Quote Originally Posted by ss.sv650 View Post
    can you eat cat, and if so which ones the belled or un belled type?? gourmet can you advise please
    Thats a diificult one to answer.
    The unbelled will be a bit scrawny and no doubt riddled with disease unlike the belled ones will be better fed and more heathly and you would be less likely to get ill.

Default hunting

ha ha ha ha its your loss i was bein genuin with u

Quote Originally Posted by series2A View Post
    The unbelled will be a bit scrawny and no doubt riddled with disease unlike the belled ones will be better fed and more heathly and you would be less likely to get ill.
    This is true, i have found in my experiance that belled cats stay close to the town areas. This causes a problem becuase hunting in towns is illegal and i would not reccomend to anyone. However you do often get lucky with the odd one that wonders to the fields. In these cases as long as you are a good shot and get the cat in the head the kill will be painless and will result in cries. This is the way to go.

This skill can be tricky to master and is even tougher on rabbits as they are a smaller target. I reccomend starting on cats first as these are considerably easier to hit and put up virtually no fight (especially when you bring treats) from here you can progress to rabbits.

I am very sorry if this has offended anyone but nature can be a very inhospitable place.
    Last edited by Logical; 29-Aug-10 at 22:50.
    Everyday above ground is a good day

Quote Originally Posted by froal View Post
    I Thought Hunting was band
    no hunting with dogs is band but exercising dogs isnt and you can also hunt with only 2 dogs aslong as u shoot the animall... im a keen mounted hunter...
    Never take life seriously. Nobody gets out alive anyway.

I wont comment on this thread as i will totally loose it.....
    Lets just say this if animals knew how to carry guns and weapons they would have wiped out the whole of humanity by now .....im away to calm down as im slighly simmering .......

Quote Originally Posted by Chrisf1961 View Post

But you just did......

I didnt say what i was actually going to say my friend otherwise

THE LOT OF YOU WOULD HAVE GOT BOTH BARRELS!

I didnt say what i was actually going to say my friend otherwise

THE LOT OF YOU WOULD HAVE GOT BOTH BARRELS!

Ooooh, I hope they're port or single malt barrels.

I'd prefer a Speyside in the whisky one, please.

Quote Originally Posted by george1234 View Post
    no hunting with dogs is band but exercising dogs isnt and you can also hunt with only 2 dogs aslong as u shoot the animall... im a keen mounted hunter...
    Your post is further proof of the mentality and stupidity of "hunting" folk.
    On the one hand you state that "hunting with dogs is band (sic)", and then in the next sentence you state you can hunt with "only 2 dogs"

It is exactly because of your type of thinking why Tony Blair blew it with his so called "hunting" ban.
    All forms of killing animals for sport should have been abolished, period.

Also is there any particular reason why you "exercise" your dogs whilst you are on horseback? and heaven forbid you carry a firearm whilst out on your horse.
    Do you and your friends re-enact cowboys and indian games?
    Michael Stone is innocent.
    Convicted without any forensic evidence and failed to be picked at any ID parade
    So who did kill Lin & Megan Russell
    http://www.michaelstone.co.uk/

Lets just say this if animals knew how to carry guns and weapons they would have wiped out the whole of humanity by now .....im away to calm down as im slighly simmering .......
    Wrong, you will comment on this thread, and sooner or later your going to blow.
    I'd like to hear your view, cant say I've met anyone who feels strongly about animal rights before. Most people agree to animal cruelty as a way to assert human dominance.

If we leave it any longer animals will evolve the ability to carry and use guns, that is why we should all wipe out animals for the good of us all. And who can knock a great tasting high protein bunny burger?

Quote Originally Posted by Logical View Post
    Wrong, you will comment on this thread, and sooner or later your going to blow.
    I'd like to hear your view, cant say I've met anyone who feels strongly about animal rights before. Most people agree to animal cruelty as a way to assert human dominance.

If we leave it any longer animals will evolve the ability to carry and use guns, that is why we should all wipe out animals for the good of us all. And who can knock a great tasting high protein bunny burger?
    Were you born a retard, or were you dropped on your head at an early age?
    Convicted without any forensic evidence and failed to be picked at any ID parade

I was in Stow on the Wold last weekend catching up with some old chums:

http://www.britishpathe.com/embed.php?archive=6138

But don't worry, they just chase Polish immigrants and Muslims these days.
    Last edited by northener; 02-Dec-10 at 21:24.

Quote Originally Posted by Anfield View Post
    On the one hand you state that "hunting with dogs is band (sic)", and then in the next sentence you state you can hunt with "only 2 dogs"

It is exactly because of your type of thinking why Tony Blair blew it with his so called "hunting" ban.

What about those who hunt and fish and only kill what they intend to eat themselves or pass on to others to eat?

Quote Originally Posted by northener View Post
    What about those who hunt and fish and only kill what they intend to eat themselves or pass on to others to eat?
    Not sport then is it? It's farming

Quote Originally Posted by ducati View Post
    Not sport then is it? It's farming

But what if you admit to enjoying the tracking and killing as well as the food aspect of it?

Does that make it 'sport'?

Then anyone who has a problem with that has gone too far, plenty of people just throw there catch on the rocks to die regardless of what they keep. The people who eat what they catch, kill it humanely and eat what they catch should be praised.

Were you born a retard, or were you dropped on your head at an early age?
    I was born what closed minded people would call "retarded" yes, don't judge me.

But what if you admit to enjoying the tracking and killing as well as the food aspect of it?

Does that make it 'sport'?
    Psychopath! I thought we had established that?

Also is there any particular reason why you "exercise" your dogs whilst you are on horseback? and heaven forbid you carry a firearm whilst out on your horse.
    Do you and your friends re-enact cowboys and indian games?
    you are allowed to exercise 2 dogs... no more. and you must carry a gun with you at all times, im only saying this because i know more bout hunting than you probably do. as i was a master in the veil of clettwr hunt < google it.....
    Never take life seriously. Nobody gets out alive anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by george1234 View Post
    you are allowed to exercise 2 dogs... no more. and you must carry a gun with you at all times, im only saying this because i know more bout hunting than you probably do. as i was a master in the veil of clettwr hunt < google it.....
    Took your advice and googled "veil (sic) of clettwr" and could not find anything, I then looked up "Burkha of Clettwr" & "Hijab of Clettwr" thinking you had made a mistake, but again no joy.

In exasperation, I then googled "Vale of Clettwr", and found the hunt that you referred to. Seems that this hunt has a history of both badger baiting and violence against people. which supports the argument that people who like hurting animals, also like hurting their fellow man.
    In case you have "forgotten" about the heroic exploits of your former "hunt" I enclose details for you

Vale Of Clettwr Foxhounds"..Vale Of Clettwr Foxhounds Hunt master David Lyn Lloyd (47) of Blaenpant Farm, Pencader and terriermen John Geraint Owen Thomas (48) of Gwarbistgwynwydd, Maesycrugiau, and Gethin Jones (46) of Gardde, Cwmdwyfran and foot follower John Gareth Jones (64) of Golygfa, Heol Gilfachwen, Llandysul had encroached without permission on to forestry land. Gethin Jones who said he had 30 years' experience as a terrierman, dismissed a prosecution suggestion that he had disturbed an active badger's sett and said he had walked around the area and had not seen any signs of setts. John Geraint Thomas said, "I have been a terrierman for over 30 years and there is no doubt in my mind that this was not a badger's sett. I know there are active setts in the area but we couldn't see these from where we were."

In addition there is also the following:

Three supporters of the Vale Of Clettwr Foxhounds bound over to the keep the peace for a year after an incident when a sab van was surrounded and the driver dragged out and held upside down. Terrierman Emyr Davies and supporters John Galmore Jones and John Geraint Owens denied violent disorder and the theft of 6 items of sab equipment.."

Finally, could you indicate in the Hunting Act 2004 the relevant section which states that "you must carry a gun with you at all times.."

I trust that this will be forthcoming because you do state in your very lucid post that you know this Act "im only saying this because i know more bout hunting than you probably do"

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast