Hello everyone,

I am a new member, quite new to genealogy too, and I have hit a brick wall. Any help/suggestions gratefully received!

I have a George OMAN b 9 Nov 1805, son of William OMAN, Bualtorran, Latheron. I also find that William OMAN, Bualdorran, Latheron, had three other children between 1802 and 1811 - presumably George's siblings.

Can anyone tell me, please, where Bual(t)(d)orran is or was? On maps I have seen Buoltach and Buolfruich north-west-ish of Latheronwheel area but I can't see any sign of a more similar name.

Also, if anyone knows anything about this family, I'd love some help with it. George's death cert just gives his parents as William OMAN and ? OMAN m.s. MCKENZIE, I haven't found anything to pursue there. Nor can I find anything on his Bualdorran siblings (John, James and Janet) - quite common Caithness Oman forenames and none of the ones I have tracked to death certs have a MCKENZIE mother; of course they may have died young, emigrated etc. Or maybe they are just hiding from me!

Thanks in advance for any help.

Scots Bluebell