Caithness Map :: Links to Site Map Paying too much for broadband? Move to PlusNet broadband and save£££s. Free setup now available - terms apply. PlusNet broadband.  

Thread: Teletext

Default Teletext

I heard the Teletext service is being stopped altogether in the near future. It's a shame really as I know plenty of people who use it regularly and not everyone has access to t'internet Does anyone else still use it?

First thing in the morning and last thing at night! I really like it as I can quickly suss out what is going on the world. I think Teletext news is stopping from early December and the rest is being phased out.

Oh dear! Maybe you should take to the streets in protest??! Or at least write to G Brown to complain? None of the fellow Teletexters would know though as the news pages will have gone

Quote Originally Posted by Turquoise View Post
    I heard the Teletext service is being stopped altogether in the near future. It's a shame really as I know plenty of people who use it regularly and not everyone has access to t'internet Does anyone else still use it?
    Was it announced on Teletext?

It is Ceefax that is stopping in 2012 in line with the Analogue TV Switch Off. Here is a link for more info :-

http://www.twohundredpercent.net/?p=2270

Deep into that darkness peering, long I stood there, wondering, fearing, doubting, dreaming dreams no mortal ever dared to dream before.

Edgar Allen Poe

I remember first seeing Oracle back in the 70's. Was like seeing the internet for the first time. Teletext and Ceefax are well outdated for todays technology.