Caithness Map :: Links to Site Map Paying too much for broadband? Move to PlusNet broadband and save£££s. Free setup now available - terms apply. PlusNet broadband.  
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Flowers to be delivered..?

Default Flowers to be delivered..?

Hi
    I am looking at sending someone some flowers just before Xmas (they stay near Glasgow) and i was wondering if anyone could recommend a good flower delivery company? Looked at the interflora website and they look lovely...any others?

Thanks

I have used this company and delivery and quality have been excellent

http://www.fineflora.co.uk/index.cfm.../title/Flowers
    Thanks
    Catherine

When sending flowers south I usually just get a number of a local florist near to the recipient and tell them what I want and fix a delivered price. This has always worked out at half the price of interflora so more flowers for your money.

I have received flowers from Jersey flowers by post before but they were not the best quality having been held up in the mail over the weekend.
    Making tomorrow`s memories today

I have a system where I use specially designed transport boxing where I can send flowers anywhere on the mainland uk. Have been doing this for over a year now and have had very good feed back from it The flowers always arrive next day before 12 noon.

Default Asda

I sent some lovely ones to my mother in law from Asda and they lasted for ages.

Quote Originally Posted by Hibeechick View Post
    I have a system where I use specially designed transport boxing where I can send flowers anywhere on the mainland uk. Have been doing this for over a year now and have had very good feed back from it The flowers always arrive next day before 12 noon.
    Darn, if only I'd known. When I visited some friends in Wales earlier in the year I contacted a flower shop local to them to deliver a bouquet which worked out fine, but I'd have preferred to give the business locally. Certainly won't deal with Interflora again - I find them overpriced for what you get.

I can vouch for Amanda's quality using the overnight delivery boxed flowers as I received an excellent boxed mix of flowers from her mum last xmas when I was living in Inverurie. I also received an arrangement from a local florist, popular I know what can I say?

Amanda's lasted about 3 weeks before I had to consider starting to thin them out whilst the local florists flowers only lasted a week in comparison. No contest, Amanda's every time.

Therefore I can Highly recommend Amanda's based on my own personal experience.

I know I gave a web address for an online flower company earlier and to clarify I can honestly say that I haven't used that website in last few years and that I only used it when sending flowers to relatives or friends living south of the border but have had no need to use within Scotland with Amanda on doorstep.

Keep it local.
    Last edited by catherine nicol; 01-Dec-09 at 09:29. Reason: added text
    Thanks
    Catherine

Thanks Catherine! Glad you liked what was sent

Just to clarify though I can send anywhere mainland UK, not just Scotland, next day as long as they are ordered before 12 noon.

Thumbs up flowers

I have used marks and spencers and next and flowers were lovely!

I dont mean to seam mean but if you use a lot of online florist like interflora its very expensive the vast majority of online florist like interflora all they do is when you order flowers for an area like glasgow all they do is phone a florist in glasgow to send it to the address you want it to go to and they take there cut just for ordering on your behalf its expensive you would be far better off looking up a florist in yell.com in the area were u want the flowers to go and you will pay a lot less for the same quality.
    Just read what poppett says and poppett is correct ive been stung like this before
    Last edited by EDDIE; 01-Dec-09 at 23:05.

Relay companies such as Interflora and Teleflorist etc... are all out to make money for themselves. You place you're order with them, and which ever florist gets the order to deliver only gets a snippet of the amount that you have paid. Also these companies have started sending the orders themselves in boxes from warehouses. Please do not assume that because these companies are well known that they are trustworthy or indeed value for money.

Default Flowers

This is a great thread.

It reminded me it is our wedding anniversary today and I did a dash to Tesco for flowers this morning and dug myself out of a hole.
    A man who fears suffering is already suffering from what he fears.

Naughty Kevin............you should have gone to Amanda`s.........which is where I will be going next time. Thank you Hibeechick for the insider information about the big nationals.
    Making tomorrow`s memories today

Exclamation

Quote Originally Posted by Kevin Milkins View Post
    This is a great thread.

It reminded me it is our wedding anniversary today and I did a dash to Tesco for flowers this morning and dug myself out of a hole.
    Tesco? You can't give a woman anniversary flowers from Tesco and expect to remain on speaking terms with her.

Quote Originally Posted by Anji View Post
    Tesco? You can't give a woman anniversary flowers from Tesco and expect to remain on speaking terms with her.
    Why not the woman should be lucky she is getting flowers in the first place and its all about the gesture not were u bought them
    If u have an iphone u can download an app were u can make the flowers up your self and send it via email even cheaper

Default Not Speaking

Quote Originally Posted by Anji View Post

LOL, after 37 years, not speaking means I don't have to listen.
    A man who fears suffering is already suffering from what he fears.

Got another fantastic bouquet of flowers delivered today by Amanda-they are beautiful!There are even some hand dyed roses in it so thank you hibeechick for the lovely flowers and thank you airlass for thinking of me xxx
    The nice thing about living in a small place is that if you dont know what you are doing....there's always somebody who does,or thinks they do! x

I always use flowersbypost.com
    Every time you buy your total spend is added to your account whenever it reaches £50 you can get a free bunch. Lovely flowers and very long lasting.

Thumbs down .........price for delivery..........

Ok so i am about to send a Bouquet of flowers to a friend for her birthday (she lives in Thurso) worth £30 and thought that i would go on the org recommendations and go direct to Amandas florist in Wick - all was fine until they told me that they were going to charge me £5.50 delivery......thought this was a bit steep - any one else?
    Will just order from Next online again as the flowers i got delivered from there last time were lovely.

Quote Originally Posted by edayhouse View Post
    Ok so i am about to send a Bouquet of flowers to a friend for her birthday (she lives in Thurso) worth £30 and thought that i would go on the org recommendations and go direct to Amandas florist in Wick - all was fine until they told me that they were going to charge me £5.50 delivery......thought this was a bit steep - any one else?
    Will just order from Next online again as the flowers i got delivered from there last time were lovely.
    Hi there.

Just thought I would say my piece in my defence

Have you ever had to take a taxi from Wick to Thurso? Do you know how much they charge? Our deliver is only a fraction of the price but yet still have diesel to pay for, wear and tear of the vehicle and off course the drivers time.

I am sorry you misunderstood what was written on our website. As stated on our ordering pages delivery is including in the price. It did not state anywhere that it was free.

Thanks for calling anyway.
    www.AmandaCoghill.blogspot.com
    Your local Chelsea Award Winning Florist.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast