Caithness Map :: Links to Site Map Paying too much for broadband? Move to PlusNet broadband and save£££s. Free setup now available - terms apply. PlusNet broadband.  
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Tesco planning

Quote Originally Posted by peedie man
    if you had to sit in a car outside tesco in inverness for what seems like hours while the wife gets a little shopping you would want a tesco in wick
    would'nt it be quicker going in and helping her or do you find it costs when you go to help like me

Talking

if you had to sit in a car outside tesco in inverness for what seems like hours while the wife gets a little shopping you would want a tesco in wick
    A common complaint there mate

Tesco does not =Cheaper

Quote Originally Posted by obiron
    If you do your shopping in somerfield like a few of us do you'd notice that every week things go up. it seems to be the things that you use a lot off. for example i like irn bru it was £1.29 but now is £1.45 not too big a diffrence really but if you add up all those pennies they soon mount up.

Do you not think this is a common policy of all Supermarkets not just Somerfields

probably is but when morrisons had it i seemed to get more for my money. the other day i had just over half a trolley and it was over £60 and only £4 was spent on beer. its ridiculous.
    no amount of darkness can drive out darkness
    only light can do that.

Agree that Morrisons is better than most of the supermarkets just seems that the people are so keen on Tescos when all supermarkets sell the same produce

morrisons had more for your money but the quality was not there in the fresh stuff. its a long way better at somerfield.
    only light can do that.

Quote Originally Posted by ullevi
    Agree that Morrisons is better than most of the supermarkets just seems that the people are so keen on Tescos when all supermarkets sell the same produce

You try getting Vitalite in Somerfields, they do not all sell the same, and they all have their own suppliers of fresh produce

probably is but when morrisons had it i seemed to get more for my money. the other day i had just over half a trolley and it was over £60 and only £4 was spent on beer. its ridiculous.
    when morrisons was up here they charged more for everything than in inverness;fact

Quote Originally Posted by Mr & Mrs Billy Boy
    when morrisons was up here they charged more for everything than in inverness;fact
    probably did but the big stores have a price structure depending on what is in your town. so when tescos come the prices might be different in somerfield to keep in competition. thats if they dont close somerfield down.
    only light can do that.

morrisons had more for your money but the quality was not there in the fresh stuff. its a long way better at somerfield.
    Away with yourself to obiron or further, when Morrisons took over the quality of fresh foods were out of this world, and when back to Somerfeild way down hill again not the same selection or the freshness of produce.

I do belive the staff training is far more superior in Morrisons than it is with Somerfeilds. In Wick somerfeild there is always dead or rooting fruit and veg and the staff just look at you in a daze when you ask for somthing which is not displayed, roll on Tesco's to give all a shake up.
    Not all chillies are hot but do not be deceived

Quote Originally Posted by ullevi
    Can you explain why you all so much want Tesco?
    • Decent selection of fruit & vegetables/ salads stuff at decent prices
    • Children's, Adults clothes at decent prices
    • better selection of electrical goods at decent prices

I could go on but it would be boring

Cheap Fruit and Veg surely can be had in Caithness it has an abundance of farms the same for Meat described as the best in scotland by many

Cheap clothes has always been available in Caithness do you not remember Billie Banks in the Market Square or Hastigrow Filling Station

sorry, but I don't want to spend the precious time I have at weekends traipsing around the caithness farms looking for a fresh cabbage etc, as for meat I always buy that from butchers so its local anyway.

should have said cheap FASHIONABLE clothes that are available now not 10 or more years ago
    Last edited by dragonfly; 23-Apr-06 at 21:49.

The butchers usually have fresh veg as well just purchase that when your in there?

I would hardly call Tescos clothes fashionable but that is another story

Quote Originally Posted by Chillie
    Away with yourself to obiron or further, when Morrisons took over the quality of fresh foods were out of this world, and when back to Somerfeild way down hill again not the same selection or the freshness of produce.

I do belive the staff training is far more superior in Morrisons than it is with Somerfeilds. In Wick somerfeild there is always dead or rooting fruit and veg and the staff just look at you in a daze when you ask for somthing which is not displayed, roll on Tesco's to give all a shake up.
    i went into somerfields in wick today for tomatos and ended up not bothering as there were so many packets with fur coats on them its disgusting and no assistants in sight

Smile

Love that comment and am sure on that basis we may just get one in Wick!
    Families are like fudge - mostly sweet with a few nuts.

krieve Guest

Did anyone go to the tesco meeting then?

I moved to this area from Ross-Shire 6 months ago and find the local supermarkets expensive for basic things. In Ross-Shire I could order my shopping online and have it delivered at a time that suited me. Don't get me wrong I do like living here but this is definitely one of the drawbacks.
    The Co-Op do deliver to my area once a week but I have to go to the shop which I find inconvienent. If the Co-op or Somerfield did online shopping and reduced their prices then Tesco coming here would not be such a big deal.

Why should it bother anyone if tescos come to wick?
    If you like tescos, shop there and if you don't, shop somewhere else.

krieve Guest

Default Tesco have won it's battle

Tesco planning permission has been granted the store should be open before christmas.

Last edited by krieve; 24-Apr-06 at 14:38.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast