Caithness Map :: Links to Site Map Paying too much for broadband? Move to PlusNet broadband and save£££s. Free setup now available - terms apply. PlusNet broadband.  
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Tesco planning

Default Tesco planning

How many of you will be going to the meeting to show support ?

If Tesco does get permision i hope to not see any of the 10 people who objected shopping there .
    I believe today that my conduct is in accordance with the will of the Almighty Creator. Well thats what i told them while drunk and disorderly.

WAS JUST WONDERING WHERE AND WHEN IS THE MEETING?IF I CAN MANAGE TO GO I WILL TO SHOW MY SUPPORT!

knightofeth Guest

Quote Originally Posted by cookie
    WAS JUST WONDERING WHERE AND WHEN IS THE MEETING?IF I CAN MANAGE TO GO I WILL TO SHOW MY SUPPORT!

From the front page of caithness.org :
    Tesco Planning Application To Be Heard On Monday 24 April
    Tesco Planning Application - there are 10 letters of objection including one from Green MSP Eleanor Scott and 93 letters of support. The meeting of the Caithness Planning, Development, Europe and Tourism Committee will take place in FLAGSTONES ROOM, MORVEN BUILDING, NORTH HIGHLAND COLLEGE, ORMLIE ROAD, THURSO, on MONDAY 24TH APRIL, 2006, at 10am. All planning meetings are open to members of the public.
    Unfortunately I am working at the time. I hope anyone who can go does go though.

Thanks for that but unfortunatley i won't manage because i'll be at work!Hope the meeting gets a good attendance from the people that do support TESCO coming to wick.

Cool

What on earth has it got to do ith her?

Keep your nose out please.

If I could go to the meeting, I would definitely be there to show my support, but I have to work.

I hope there is a lot of support - I really think it would be good for Wick to have Tesco's.

I really dont understand the logic of this Scott woman . She is happy to see car loads of people go down to Tescos in Inverness from Caithness and North Sutherland to do shopping using petrol and causing wear and tear on the A9 I just dont think she realises how much this happens !!
    I think she should take a look outside Homebase in Wick this last week and see local people purchasing things they would have travelled to Inverness to buy before It does save a lot of petrol to shop locally!!!!!! I thought the Green party were against squandering resources and pollution
    If this is the standard of their spokespeople then I will not be voting for them again

Quote Originally Posted by peter macdonald
    I really dont understand the logic of this Scott woman . She is happy to see car loads of people go down to Tescos in Inverness from Caithness and North Sutherland to do shopping using petrol and causing wear and tear on the A9 I just dont think she realises how much this happens !!
    I think she should take a look outside Homebase in Wick this last week and see local people purchasing things they would have travelled to Inverness to buy before It does save a lot of petrol to shop locally!!!!!! I thought the Green party were against squandering resources and pollution
    If this is the standard of their spokespeople then I will not be voting for them again

Well said Peter, have just had this argument with another orger via messenger

i would go to the meeting but am working when the meeting takes place i support the new tescos

Its a shame that the meeting is in Thurso as Im sure a lot of Wick folk would have gone had it been held here. I notice Somerfields and Co-op are amongst the objectors.

Quote Originally Posted by Venture
    Its a shame that the meeting is in Thurso as Im sure a lot of Wick folk would have gone had it been held here. I notice Somerfields and Co-op are amongst the objectors.
    I wonder why????
    Nil Satis Nisi Optimum.

Angry

People like Eleanor Scott (MSP) Scottish Green Party from Inverness, should keep out of affairs that are no concern to her, it is up to the people of Caithness, her and her partner Rob Gibson (MSP) Scottish National Party got to be MSPs through the back door of Highlands and Islands regional list. They weren't voted by me, so they should keep quiet and leave things to people of Caithness. I am quite happy for any major business retails companies come to Caithness.

Quote:
    Originally Posted by peter macdonald
    If this is the standard of their spokespeople then I will not be voting for them again.

I am totally agree with Peter's view. We should not need to travel to Inverness let the major business retails companies come to Caithness.

Unless it's different from the normal planning meeting, it shouldn't make much difference whether anyone goes or not. You're not allowed to speak for or against any development within the meeting although you are allowed to listen.

Hundreds of people appearing and listening would may no difference as the Councillors wouldn't know who was for or against.
    Doolally

Get to find out the outcome quicker tho
    I will put on a I SUPPORT TESCO badge .
    I believe today that my conduct is in accordance with the will of the Almighty Creator. Well thats what i told them while drunk and disorderly.

Can you explain why you all so much want Tesco?

Quote Originally Posted by ullevi

Cheaper prices, more choice, decent customer service, reasonable opening hours. Need I go on

Does the Somerfield not give you long enough opening hours?

Cheaper prices well you will find out you will no doubt spend more in Tescos as there pricing system is only really a good saving if you buy in bulk

With the level of excitement Tesco receives on this board and in Caithness in general you would think they give the Produce away

I hope it is a Tesco Supermarket that the planning permission is being asked for and NOT a Express Tesco shop...which are 15% dearer than the supermarket
    Once the original Grumpy Owld Man but alas no more

if you had to sit in a car outside tesco in inverness for what seems like hours while the wife gets a little shopping you would want a tesco in wick

Quote Originally Posted by ullevi
    If you do your shopping in somerfield like a few of us do you'd notice that every week things go up. it seems to be the things that you use a lot off. for example i like irn bru it was £1.29 but now is £1.45 not too big a diffrence really but if you add up all those pennies they soon mount up.
    no amount of darkness can drive out darkness
    only light can do that.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast