Caithness Map :: Links to Site Map Paying too much for broadband? Move to PlusNet broadband and save£££s. Free setup now available - terms apply. PlusNet broadband.  

Thread: bedtime blues!

Default bedtime blues!

We are starting to have problems getting Iona to stay in her own bed when she wakes up through the night.
    Last night there was a major battle of wills starting at 3am, lasting till 6am with hubby and her!
    She nearly won but he persisted she went back to her bed but it is hard going especially as granny will take her into bed with her at their house if she gets up there which wont help but gives her instant peace!
    Any help out there?

oh I don't envy you that one!!

My daughter was the same from even before she could get out of cot, screamed the house down if she woke during the night and then when she could get out of cot she would toddle through and just get in with me.

for me it was slightly different as I was widowed when pregnant with her so it was easier just to bring her through and then we could both get a good nights sleep

It did stop when she was about 4.5yrs but that was because my now husband moved in and there was no room for her!!

so no help in answering that one but I know what a problem it is, you have my sympathies!

Im just waiting for No 3 to arrive in about 5 weeks time so dont have much time to get this sorted before more sleepless nights!

I cannot have Iona tootling through and sleeping with us with a new baby in the crib next to us too.

Its going to be tough with all the excitement and upheaval of christmas time to try and keep a decent bedtime routine with Lauren and Iona with all the parties and much needed afternoon naps as it is!

1 demented and sleep deprived mum who had Lauren up at 7am this morning after Ionas fiasco.... and poor daddy who had to go to work on 3 hours sleep today!

Age old problem there dadie-an no easy answers -every one has a different uptake-we had 3 in nappies at the same time-an I can't remember how we 'got bye' but we did,an whatever it was, was down to the two of us an no hard an fast 'rules'. Perish the thought.
    Please don't be a martinet! Deal with probs' as they deserve-sorry no rule book there.

[quote=Dadie;626678] I cannot have Iona tootling through and sleeping with us with a new baby in the crib next to us too. quote]

I wouldn't worry about it too much - I had a two year old, a four year old and a husband sleeping in the bed with me and a newborn in the crib at the side.

Stay firm with her Dadie. When she gets up tell her firmly that she has to stay in her bed. If she persists just keep putting her back to bed, she'll soon get the message. You have to play it tough but fair.
    Electronics, Sales, Spares & Repairs * TV * AUDIO * PC & LAPTOP * GAMES CONSOLES * IN CAR ENTERTAINMENT * DOMESTIC APPLIANCES * WEEE DISPOSAL *www.facebook.com/Vistravi.Tech * www.vistravi.com *

Oh no, its horrible. Our little one went through a phase of that. Only thing we found that worked with him was returning him to bed straight away without talking to him or putting any lights on, just took him back and tucked him in,(we were even told to try and not make eye contact but found that really hard). It was hard and the first few nights it seemed to get worse and we were exhausted but within a week or two he was settled right through.