Caithness Map :: Links to Site Map Paying too much for broadband? Move to PlusNet broadband and save£££s. Free setup now available - terms apply. PlusNet broadband.  
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Horse rugs where to buy ..........

Quote Originally Posted by munron View Post
    I have sent thee an email with an idea, but I will also do some trawling tomorrow to see if I can come up with much cheapness. Maybe you should do a competition the first person to find you a taka at £100 gets a prize
    haha -what like a new shires rug haha... I would go for the shires stormcheeta rug which I supply myself but the wholesaler is out of stock on the 6'6" arghhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

Smile rug

have you tried derby house own rugs.quincey has a heavy and med combo.find the neck fits neatly and the tummy is well covered.on really cold days i layer it with the free fleece i got or the next size down med stable rug.hes a 6'6"and derby house is well recommended!good luck

yeah was contemplating the derby house own brand but hadn't even seen one - do you have any pics of yours turned out in one landy ??

Nicola - what like is the tail flap on the pessoa........

they have a trade discount on them so might be worth my while getting there.....

can offer 20% off any GFS and pessoa rug too....

Quote Originally Posted by Jovi View Post
    The tail flaps on the Taka is wrap arond so doesn't lift over their backs in the wind,ours came from Equestrian clearance and were a great price...just under £70
    just had a look and converted!! the taka looks a good heavy weight 400g gutted that theres none in his size!

Smile rugs

can get hubbie to take one tomorrow first thing if any goog?his med i got the other day as it was on special down to 39.99 and have to admit have never seen a rug act like a waxed car in that the rain ran off in round droplets.if that makes sense?will send pic tomorrow

perfect landy thanks -

my requirements are heavyweight 360g or more and full attached neck..... will have a look again at their prices....

on horserugs4u at the moment...not exactly and easy website to trawl through

ok - anyone had a funnell - I can also supply these myself away to look at trade price - but the pics don't show enough of the tail flap to see if its going to be good enough - anyone tried one>>???????????????
    Last edited by KEEP_ON_TRUCKIN; 28-Nov-09 at 22:58.

Quote Originally Posted by KEEP_ON_TRUCKIN View Post
    Nicola - what like is the tail flap on the pessoa........

they have a trade discount on them so might be worth my while getting there.....

can offer 20% off any GFS and pessoa rug too....
    Umm crap really, rug otherwise is excellent but tail flap poor in comparison to the weatherbeeta. None of my rugs compare to the WB with tail flaps, paddys is good because he has a size to big because of his huge neck. My pet hate is cross over leg straps, cos I need a hard hat with Windy cos she is a cow

shires has as good a tail flap as WB and thats about all that does.......

ok found the orican heavy full neck - not as pretty as taka but nearly same spec except the underbelly tucker inners......

it's 69 but with tax and deliver 77..... thats what's to beat MUNRO

http://www.horserugs4u.com/All_78_in...90p/index.html

ooo i love a challenge, will get on it tomorrow

same kind but cheaper in chilli/ black with delivery total £74.99 and 6'6 in stock

http://www.equestrianclearance.com/w...rug/index.html

fraid it's not the same........... sorry this is how anal i am about rugs...thats 300g on equestrian clearance - the one on my link is 360g.... BUT GOOD EFFORT!!!!!!!!

again credentials are:

good tail flap,

full neck

360g or more..........

surely a company would not have the same rugs just with 60g of difference, as i would class both a heavy weight, would they not make a med weight alot lighter than 300g...... what if they are the same rug and one of the web sites has made a mistake!

found this site for anyone looking for a discount
    http://www.equinecompare.co.uk/equine-voucher-codes.php

well old and new season could be the difference..... interestingly enough - loooked on weatherbeeta website and the orican freestyle is 360g and orican original is 300g
    Last edited by KEEP_ON_TRUCKIN; 28-Nov-09 at 23:32.

We have 2 WB Orican combo full neck,lovely rug but tail flap a bit lacking in width and depth,there is a 6'6" heavy weight on E.Clearance at £59 if you want to look..Blimey I sound like a rep for them but it's just because we've had really good rugs at good prices and great service so I tend to look there first...stands up,lowers head..and admits "my name is 'Jovi'.and.....I am A rug addict".
    Last edited by Jovi; 28-Nov-09 at 23:52.

http://www.equestrianclearance.com/w...eck/index.html

is that the one jovi - saw that but it says at top you might be sent the detach a neck OR the full neck original - didn't want to risk a detach a neck as there's no where to choose which you want - only the colours....
    Last edited by KEEP_ON_TRUCKIN; 28-Nov-09 at 23:57.

Thats the one but its not a choice of full or detatchable neck,its either a standard or freestyle (shoulder gussets). We ordered 2 and both are the newer freestyle
    If you click on more images you'll see the difference
    Last edited by Jovi; 29-Nov-09 at 00:05.

Quote Originally Posted by Jovi View Post
    Thats the one but its not a choice of full or detatchable neck,its either a standard or freestyle (shoulder gussets). We ordered 2 and both are the newer freestyle

freestyle orican also has the detachable neck though doesn't it ?? according to their website it does anyway :-(

http://www.weatherbeeta.com/UK/Proof...ANeckHeavy.asp

but im guessing if you ordered that exact one and it had full neck i'm gonna just go for that then!!! cheers

Thats what we ordered..only a couple of weeks ago..(did a search for Orican detachaneck on E.C.site and got no matching results) only took 3 days to arrive and no extra cost to Highlands

my mistake - I just assumed by going by the freestyle using description on the weatherbeeta website that it could be that....

here is an orican detach a neck on the EC website....

http://www.equestrianclearance.com/w...rug/index.html

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast