Caithness Map :: Links to Site Map Paying too much for broadband? Move to PlusNet broadband and save£££s. Free setup now available - terms apply. PlusNet broadband.  

View Poll Results: What do you think about Iran's nuclear ambitions?

Voters
28. You may not vote on this poll
  • Iran should be allowed to do what they want.

12 42.86%
  • The UN should intervene but by non-aggressive means

5 17.86%
  • The UN should allow invasive military action if needed.

5 17.86%
  • If the UN won't do anything to stop Iran then other countries should.

4 14.29%
  • I don't care, I'm in wee Caithness where it's happy.

2 7.14%
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Iran's Nuclear Ambitions?

Quote Originally Posted by joxville View Post
    Who are we to say what they can and cannot have? After the lies upon lies sprouted by Bush & Blair, (who should be tried as war criminals), about Saddam having them then being proved wrong, I think it's time we kept our bloody noses out of it.
    After being proved 100% wrong now their agenda is to terrify the US public into believing that the nonexistent WMD are in Iran or maybe Syria and the nuclear weapons and missiles are going to be used to destroy American cites. Watch out for false flags to blame the Iranians!

I voted yes(Iran should have them).For to have them is a different question to use them.Protect your own.The system is set up that if one was ever used the backlash would be like the scenario in the film "War Games".Tic tac toe.....no winners only losers....for when nuclear weapons are finally used the human race is knackered.The earth and all the rest of its intelligent animals will keep going on though,will recover as it always has.
    Last edited by Cedric Farthsbottom III; 26-Nov-09 at 21:45. Reason: Well ye never know these days
    Their coming to take me away.....haha-hee-hee-ho-ho

God, grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change,
    Courage to change the things I can,
    And wisdom to know the difference.

I voted The UN should allow invasive military action if needed.

The problem with nuclear weapons is that unless your neighbours believe that you will use them they are worthless as a bargaining chip.

Therefore the argument that Iran only wants them as a bargaining chip is self defeating. If they real want them but not genuinely would never use them they are worthless.

As Stavro has pointed out they have a lot of oil - an unbelievable amount of oil, the third largest reserves in the world! That oil is effectively free for their use. Developing / building / running a nuclear power plant is a pretty expensive business. If you are sitting on almost unlimited oil, why would you develop nuclear power?

Let's do what the Israeli's did to Osirak, but let's do it with what international authority is available - the UN. Nothing more, no invasion, no troops on the ground, a simple surgical excision to remove their nuclear ambition.

Lets send a message to the world that nuclear proliferation will not be tolerated by the international community, and let's hope that further inroads can be made into destroying the ridiculous stockpiles of such weapons still in the hands of many countries.
    The box said, "Requires Windows XP or better"...

... so I installed Ubuntu!

It looks like things are mounting up against Iran

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/mid...st/8382486.stm

Perhaps the US is finally back up to strength with her long range cruise missiles?

One of the nasty bits about nuclear power is the reprocessing of fuel rods so why is Tehran passing up the opportunity of having it taken care of by willing volunteers?
    Last edited by Rheghead; 27-Nov-09 at 13:50.
    God, grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change,
    Courage to change the things I can,
    And wisdom to know the difference.

Did anyone expect them to comply fully ??, I remember another neighbour of theirs played the same game with dire results.
    To me it seems they cannot help themselves in not telling the truth, is it in their genetic make up or what. I do not know all the ins and outs of there country but it seem to me whenever an Islamic republic is run by extremist clerics and fanatic followers banging their foreheads with their fists chanting anti western drivel and government officials threatening a UN recognised state, trouble is not far away.

Quote Originally Posted by tonkatojo View Post
    Did anyone expect them to comply fully ??, I remember another neighbour of theirs played the same game with dire results.
    To me it seems they cannot help themselves in not telling the truth, is it in their genetic make up or what. I do not know all the ins and outs of there country but it seem to me whenever an Islamic republic is run by extremist clerics and fanatic followers banging their foreheads with their fists chanting anti western drivel and government officials threatening a UN recognised state, trouble is not far away.
    In my opinion, the blood of 1.33 million Iraqis is on the hands, not only of Bush and Blair, but of all those that are and were complicit in the lies and warmongering that went on and still goes on.

The Iranians have been telling the truth and they have been fully compliant with the obligations placed upon them. It is the Western powers, yet again, who are telling lies.

UN: "Here, Iran, you aren't allowed to have nuclear weapons."
    Iran: "Why not?"
    UN: "We don't think you should have them."
    Iran: "Lots of UN members have nuclear weapons though."
    UN: "Yes, umm, but that's alright because, erm, because we say so. So there."

Quote Originally Posted by Rheghead View Post
    So if Iran builds a nuclear weapon and blows up Tel Aviv, who is too blame? Iran or the UN for not acting when it had the chance?
    Look at iraq they didnt have any nuclear weapons look what happened to them look at all the information which was given about iraq all false and made up for all we no iran might not have the technolgy to build nuclear weapons and the powers to be are probably making out they do when they dont another setup i sometimes wonder if america does send the 30 thousand troops and all the rest to afganistan maybey there gearing up to start on iran while there there ot probably wouldnt take a lot to send iran to the same state as iraq

Quote Originally Posted by EDDIE View Post
    Look at iraq they didnt have any nuclear weapons look what happened to them look at all the information which was given about iraq all false and made up for all we no iran might not have the technolgy to build nuclear weapons and the powers to be are probably making out they do when they dont another setup i sometimes wonder if america does send the 30 thousand troops and all the rest to afganistan maybey there gearing up to start on iran while there there ot probably wouldnt take a lot to send iran to the same state as iraq
    I know the Org doesn't have rules against poor grammar and spelling, but could we maybe have that in English?

Quote Originally Posted by Serenity View Post
    I know the Org doesn't have rules against poor grammar and spelling, but could we maybe have that in English?
    What a right negative person you are with your meaningless comments

Quote Originally Posted by Stavro View Post
    In my opinion, the blood of 1.33 million Iraqis is on the hands, not only of Bush and Blair, but of all those that are and were complicit in the lies and warmongering that went on and still goes on.

The Iranians have been telling the truth and they have been fully compliant with the obligations placed upon them. It is the Western powers, yet again, who are telling lies.
    Yeah, like declaring the latest installation that was covert until they were rumbled !!.
    Hussain was stupid and played a poker game with an idiot called Bush and lost.The unfortunate "1.33 million" were the wronged, I totally agree, now there is another playing the same game with the UN. It is always the innocent that pay the price, as in any conflict.

If Ukraine really are skint why dont they sell a duff one to Ahvehadmadinnerlady. They can agree to half the money up front and the rest when it goes off. Even half the recommended retail price of a nuke is better than nothing. They dont come cheap you know.

Quote Originally Posted by tonkatojo View Post
    Yeah, like declaring the latest installation that was covert until they were rumbled !!.
    Hussain was stupid and played a poker game with an idiot called Bush and lost.The unfortunate "1.33 million" were the wronged, I totally agree, now there is another playing the same game with the UN. It is always the innocent that pay the price, as in any conflict.

"Rumbled" by who? The New York Times and The Washington Post?

"Under the terms of Iran’s agreement with the IAEA, Tehran is required to report when nuclear material is introduced into a facility, not when construction of the facility begins. [3] Iran reiterated this point with the nuclear agency in March 2007 [4]. When centrifuges (which are used to process nuclear fuel) began to be moved into the unfinished plant, Iran let the IAEA know of the facility’s existence, in accordance with its agreement." (Source: http://gowans.wordpress.com/2009/09/...et-fuel-plant/ )

It was never "hidden," but was, as the above article points out, unannounced until it was announced. I would therefore suggest that the puppets in Washington, London, Paris and Berlin are the ones who are playing games with the lives of millions of innocent people.

We agree on who the innocent victims are, but not on who the perpetrators are.

Exclamation

[quote=Stavro;
    I would therefore suggest that the puppets in Washington, London, Paris and Berlin are the ones who are playing games with the lives of millions of innocent people.

It seems the Russians and Chinese are now among the puppets then!
    "Life is a sexually transmitted disease, with 100% fatality." R.D.Laing

Quote Originally Posted by Stavro View Post
    "Rumbled" by who? The New York Times and The Washington Post?

"Under the terms of Iran’s agreement with the IAEA, Tehran is required to report when nuclear material is introduced into a facility, not when construction of the facility begins. [3] Iran reiterated this point with the nuclear agency in March 2007 [4]. When centrifuges (which are used to process nuclear fuel) began to be moved into the unfinished plant, Iran let the IAEA know of the facility’s existence, in accordance with its agreement." (Source: http://gowans.wordpress.com/2009/09/...et-fuel-plant/ )

It was never "hidden," but was, as the above article points out, unannounced until it was announced. I would therefore suggest that the puppets in Washington, London, Paris and Berlin are the ones who are playing games with the lives of millions of innocent people.

We agree on who the innocent victims are, but not on who the perpetrators are.
    Aye carry on with all the fancy quotes and watch the poker game with the UN played out blindly, we will see the outcome.

Quote Originally Posted by Aaldtimer View Post
    It seems the Russians and Chinese are now among the puppets then!
    Yes, it does.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12