Caithness Map :: Links to Site Map Paying too much for broadband? Move to PlusNet broadband and save£££s. Free setup now available - terms apply. PlusNet broadband.  
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Problems with swine flu vaccination? / SF Vaccinations for Children

Default Swine Flu vaccine

My eldest is 12 and he has had the vaccine with no problems. My youngest is 3 and when he is offered it he will be getting it too. Would rather vaccine them then see them really ill from swine flu.

My son is 2 so no doubt i will get a call soon. He will not be getting the jab for the simple reason i dont think that enough research has been done on this drug. It all to me to be "rushed" and panned in us in a major panic. Some may say oh my kid has no side effects, that may well be at the moment but me personally am more worried about the long term effects.
    What doesn't kill you, will make you stronger.....

The worst of it is though some children react badly to the vaccine and sometimes the effects of the vaccine will take time to surface.
    Its such a hard decision to make mmmm

Quote Originally Posted by telfordstar View Post
    My son is 2 so no doubt i will get a call soon. He will not be getting the jab for the simple reason i dont think that enough research has been done on this drug. It all to me to be "rushed" and panned in us in a major panic. Some may say oh my kid has no side effects, that may well be at the moment but me personally am more worried about the long term effects.
    The same amount of research has been done on it as on the seasonal flu vaccine, except with swine flu the vaccine is more effective.

Quote Originally Posted by Venture View Post
    I have concerns about the vaccinations being given to adults because of the lack of testing and what it contains, particularly the mercury. For it to be given to a small child in my mind is a definite no.
    Just a little infomation - not a criticism as we do what we think is best but I think some people are under informed about the toxicity of mercury

The vaccines are a smaller dose for children than adults and are given in multiple small doses to allow the mercury to be cleared by the liver, thus reducing the risk. Mercury is easily cleared by the liver and the time between vaccines means that there isn't a large exposure that the liver would have difficulty dealing with. The quantities we are talking about are minute and even the adult dose contains less mercury than a can of tuna.

Formalin/formaldehyde is another chemical that is used (to prevent bacterial and fungal growth - which is the biggest side effect of the vaccine if not included). I have worked with formalin in the past and even if you wear rubber gloves when handling the chemical it penetrates them and absorbs into your skin - and you can taste it!!! To be able to taste it the quantites are small as you hands are not wetted by the liquid. I can honestly say when I had the jag that I couldn't taste the fomalin If I can't taste it then my conclusion is there is a really small amount

It's all about weighing up risks I guess. It's easy to come across sources that give only part of the information

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234