Caithness Map :: Links to Site Map Paying too much for broadband? Move to PlusNet broadband and save£££s. Free setup now available - terms apply. PlusNet broadband.  
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Problems with swine flu vaccination? / SF Vaccinations for Children

If you are asthmatic I would advise to take the jab. A perfectly healthy, robust friend had the misfortune of coming down with swine flu and she was very, very ill. Had she had an underlying health problem she feels she could well have been hospitalized...............she is a nurse and because of her experience is definately for people with other health issues, to have the jab.
    My daughter had hers ( another nurse) and says there is nothing to it, just an ache in her arm for 2/3 days.

Quote Originally Posted by funky-dunky View Post
    Hi am meant to be getting my swine flu jab tomorrow am really bad asthmatic is it worth getting it?

its just am reading everyone's post on the other thread and it kind of put me off having it
    Ialso have severe asthma,plus many other issues........definitely safer to have it.Had 1st one 3 weeks ago,having 2nd one Monday.

It is not as bad as some people are saying,but it is an individual thing.Take care.
    Last edited by BINBOB; 05-Dec-09 at 17:40. Reason: spelling

Quote Originally Posted by teenybash View Post
    If you are asthmatic I would advise to take the jab. A perfectly healthy, robust friend had the misfortune of coming down with swine flu and she was very, very ill. Had she had an underlying health problem she feels she could well have been hospitalized...............she is a nurse and because of her experience is definately for people with other health issues, to have the jab.
    My daughter had hers ( another nurse) and says there is nothing to it, just an ache in her arm for 2/3 days.
    So very true..........well worth it.

Default Swine Flu

Well i am one of the unlucky ones who wasn't eligible for the swine flu vaccination and is sitting here in my sick bed suffering from swine flu! Have to say it hasn't been any worse that a normal flue but could really have done without it!

Have to say though the vaccination isn't foolproof either, 2 people in my household who were vaccinated have also suffered with it. I believe it doesn't stop you getting it, just lessens the symptoms!

I had my Swine Fly Vaccine 30 hours ago and I am very happy to say I have had NO reaction to it at all.

Nothing, zilch, Zero, So I must be one of the lucky ones.

Deep into that darkness peering, long I stood there, wondering, fearing, doubting, dreaming dreams no mortal ever dared to dream before.

Edgar Allen Poe

Mines was really swollen and quite painful to lie on very red and inflammed looking had that for about a week then went down eventually lol
    Cmey e Scorries

I have been offered (long term kidney problems / controlled HBP) but am unsure whether to go for it. I generally weather any bugs well and it takes a helluva lot to get me down physically so am really not sure.

I'm pregant so should in theory be getting it but the mercury in it has me worried. I'm not supposed to have alot of mercury and they want to put it in me anyway!m Of course giving me the basic answer of the health issues if i delay my desicion anymore. I have a duty to my unborn child and the children in my care at work to get it and perhpas not give it to them but will i damage my unborn child if i have it or wil be fine? I don't know and that is why i do not know whether or not to have it or not! Because of my blood group i have to get anti D injections anyway which i am getting at my next midwife appointment because if i don't get it and my child is born with my blood he/she may require a blood transfusion and properly be born with jaundice which would sort itself out in a few weeks. If i go through this pregnancy and not get a AntiD injection when i am pregnant again in the future will be a dangerous time. Needles don';t bother me so getting what i need to keep me and baby healthy isn't a problem at all but it has me worried.

My point is i already have concerns for my unborn child and my health so the debate about the swine flu jab i'm having with myself atm doesn't help matters. I just don't know which way to sway on this.
    Electronics, Sales, Spares & Repairs * TV * AUDIO * PC & LAPTOP * GAMES CONSOLES * IN CAR ENTERTAINMENT * DOMESTIC APPLIANCES * WEEE DISPOSAL *www.facebook.com/Vistravi.Tech * www.vistravi.com *

The specific issues as to each and everyones' individual requirements are surely a matter for discussion with your GP/ Practice Nurse/MidWife/Whoever is in charge of your healthcare.

Researching your facts beforehand will not do any any harm. After that make your own minds up.

Quote Originally Posted by Vistravi View Post
    I'm pregant so should in theory be getting it but the mercury in it has me worried. I'm not supposed to have alot of mercury and they want to put it in me anyway!m Of course giving me the basic answer of the health issues if i delay my desicion anymore. I have a duty to my unborn child and the children in my care at work to get it and perhpas not give it to them but will i damage my unborn child if i have it or wil be fine? I don't know and that is why i do not know whether or not to have it or not! Because of my blood group i have to get anti D injections anyway which i am getting at my next midwife appointment because if i don't get it and my child is born with my blood he/she may require a blood transfusion and properly be born with jaundice which would sort itself out in a few weeks. If i go through this pregnancy and not get a AntiD injection when i am pregnant again in the future will be a dangerous time. Needles don';t bother me so getting what i need to keep me and baby healthy isn't a problem at all but it has me worried.

My point is i already have concerns for my unborn child and my health so the debate about the swine flu jab i'm having with myself atm doesn't help matters. I just don't know which way to sway on this.
    Wow slow down there soldier! lol.

Ask your nurse/GP/Midwife what their genuine opinion is on you personally. Not just tha fact they really are pushing this on some people. Hopefully u will get a straight answer!
    I SWORE ON ONE THREAD!
    GET OVER IT!!!!!

I had my H1N1 inoculation yesterday, with no adverse effects, apart from a mild ache where the needle was inserted. I hope this will encourage any doubters who have been reading this thread to go ahead and have it done. I did have my doubts I have to admit, but my GP advised me to have it, and I trust him a lot more than the negative posters on here.
    Once the original Grumpy Owld Man but alas no more

Quote Originally Posted by Vistravi View Post

Vistravi, my daughter is 16 weeks pregnant, with a much- wanted baby, after two miscarriages. She's been worrying a lot about whether or not to have the swine flu jab. Her GP has advised now her not to consider the vaccination until she's at least 30 weeks.

Every woman wants to keep her unborn baby safe and do the 'right' thing. It can be hard to know what the right thing is however! It does depend on your individual circumstances, so do ask your GP and/or midwife for advice and then it's up to you to make up your own mind.

Although I have underlying chronic health conditions and get the seasonal flu jab, it's not been suggested to me that I should have the swine flu jab -or not yet, anyway.

All the best!

If anyone is worried about the mercury, the amount in one dose of the vaccine is small enough for your liver to clear in 3-4 days. There is less murcury in the vaccine than in a tin of tuna if that is of any interest...

Default Swine Flu Vaccinations For Children

Wick are now offering swine flu vaccinations to young children.

Just wondering what decision other parents are making about the vaccination? Are you quite happy for your child to have this, or are you worried about side effects etc?

I'm not trying to cause any arguments on here - just trying to make a decision!

Thanks.

Default Its a 50-50 coin

Just had a phone call from them and im not for it I dont personally think its safe.
    The normal flu kills people the swine flu is just a new sort of it but because its new everyone has started to panic.
    This is just my opinion im not saying my thinking is right but I dont want to risk the side affects on my son.
    Ive heard alot about the chemicals that have gone into the injection and I wouldnt personally want them in my body.

Both of mine have had theirs with no ill effects whatsoever. My youngest (he's 3) has his 2nd dose (egg free) next monday.
    Last edited by Julia; 14-Dec-09 at 16:20. Reason: typo
    Why be a hard rock when you really are a gem!

My two year old grandson has also today been offered the swine flu vaccination. His parents declined the offer and I'm really glad that they did. I have concerns about the vaccinations being given to adults because of the lack of testing and what it contains, particularly the mercury. For it to be given to a small child in my mind is a definite no. No doubt I'll be slated on here for saying so but that's my opinion and others don't have to agree with it.

Totally agree with you,

Quote Originally Posted by Venture View Post
    My two year old grandson has also today been offered the swine flu vaccination. His parents declined the offer and I'm really glad that they did. I have concerns about the vaccinations being given to adults because of the lack of testing and what it contains, particularly the mercury. For it to be given to a small child in my mind is a definite no. No doubt I'll be slated on here for saying so but that's my opinion and others don't have to agree with it.

In the Daily Mail ,today...2 year old child died from swine flu complications..........something to think about.I have no children........but would certainly let them have the vacc. Just my thoughts on subject.....each person must decide what they wish for their children and I respect that.
    Having niow had all of my vaccs, seasonal flu x 1 and swine fku x 2,I now feel more protected.
    Last edited by BINBOB; 14-Dec-09 at 16:41. Reason: spelling

Default swine flu vaccine

Had the phone call today for my son to get his hes 3, def getting it not worth the risk you would never forgive yourself if they caught swine flu & became very ill when you could have prevented it. My 7yr has had hers and no side effects.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast