Caithness Map :: Links to Site Map Paying too much for broadband? Move to PlusNet broadband and save£££s. Free setup now available - terms apply. PlusNet broadband.  
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Problems with swine flu vaccination? / SF Vaccinations for Children

small fishing village outside wick called pulteney

Talking best of luck

best of luck the worse ihave heard about, was my mate he got it done and his are was sore for a few days, think he has to go back next week for 2 nd jab ???

mind you he did say the needle was about 12" long inserted just under the finger nail pushed all the way home and then the stuff was pushed in kinda like cement flows from a cement mixer lol
    ( this is not the way it is done to kids )
    only joking or maybe i wasnt

Quote Originally Posted by ShelleyBain View Post
    Well i know its better to get it because my 1 year old son got diagnosed today. Been up all night with the poor thing!
    Awww...wee soul,wish u better soon,Athrun.

I got my jab last monday -- my arm swole up and it was so sore and hot but within 5 days it was back to normal apart from a red bit about size of 10p which is still there but thank god i got it -- both my kids have swine flu just now and doctor says i should be ok
    jac

Quote Originally Posted by brandy View Post
    yup arm is sore but no biggie.. better than laying dying from the flu
    Ditto...

Ats it! Am gettin no swine flu vaccination!

Was gonna make the appointment tomorrow but nope....not now! Had a bad enuf reaction to ma other flu jab!
    shelly my son had his on tues and apart from a sore arm he is fine xx hope little one is ok hun my son had it last week and it is not nice he is still not 100% but well on the mend now xxxxxxx
    Last edited by purplelady; 27-Nov-09 at 00:59.

Quote Originally Posted by unicorn View Post
    Sounds like they have hit the muscle, this happened to my daughter a few years ago. Huge lump, hot and sore.
    Sorry Unicorn, but had to laugh.....The injection is "Intramuscular" ie. injected into muscle, where its supposed to go. Due to the slight trauma to the muscle and amount of vaccine used in the single dose there will be slight pain and tenderness at the injection site.

I would have loved to get the swine flu jab. I never really got round to phoning up about it (i'm asthmatic, so i thought it might be wise to get it sooner than later).

nonetheless...

I was travelling back to Aberdeen after being ill and coming home to caithness, when i fell ill, after getting as far as inverness! and was eventually told i was suspected of having swine flu, (they didnt swab me but the nurse i saw was sure i had it). I was then given Tami flu and now i'm back where i started, ill in caithness.

I don't like jabs or needles much at all, but wow they are so much better than catching the real thing..... i've never been so ill in a long time! On the mend now though so its all fine but yes, i'd have much rather'd the jab

Quote Originally Posted by olivia View Post
    I had my swine flu vaccination on Monday and I'm having a bit of a bad time with it. Just wondered if anyone else has experienced the same? I don't feel to bad in myself, a bit tired and white as a sheet the next day but its my arm where I had the jab that's bothering me. Its hot, very very sore, there's quite a big lump under the skin and its looks quite red today. Anyone else had the same problems?

Yeah had mine done a week ago and there's still a lump but its gone down!

first few days i couldn't move my arm without feeling a pain!

Think a lot of ppl get tht!

I had a Phone call to-day and I now get mine on the 4th December. I am keeping my fingers crossed for no side effects.

Deep into that darkness peering, long I stood there, wondering, fearing, doubting, dreaming dreams no mortal ever dared to dream before.

Edgar Allen Poe

Quote Originally Posted by Kodiak View Post
    I had a Phone call to-day and I now get mine on the 4th December. I am keeping my fingers crossed for no side effects.
    Maybe i will see u there! Lol
    I SWORE ON ONE THREAD!
    GET OVER IT!!!!!

Maybe i will see u there! Lol
    my appointment is at 2.40pm, I'll be the Big Fat Hairy one that looks like a Bear,

Deep into that darkness peering, long I stood there, wondering, fearing, doubting, dreaming dreams no mortal ever dared to dream before.

Edgar Allen Poe

Im one of the unlucky ones!
    I have a large sore lump on my arm (not as big as it was) but still swearword sore if knocked type sore after a week

Well had my Swine Flu Vaccine 2 hours ago, I am keeping my fingers crossed that I get no side effects.

Edgar Allen Poe

I've been rather concerned about the whole SwineFlu vaccination idea so I just called the National SwineFlu Advice telephone service.

All I got was crackling.

Quote Originally Posted by Kodiak View Post
    Well had my Swine Flu Vaccine 2 hours ago, I am keeping my fingers crossed that I get no side effects.
    Well Tonkatojo is gonna have a laugh when he reads this but i cancelled mines. Wasnt allowed to get it anyway because im on anti biotics.
    I SWORE ON ONE THREAD!
    GET OVER IT!!!!!

Well Tonkatojo is gonna have a laugh when he reads this but i cancelled mines. Wasnt allowed to get it anyway because im on anti biotics.
    How convenient Shelley, cluck cluck.

Quote Originally Posted by tonkatojo View Post
    How convenient Shelley, cluck cluck.
    Lol i dont have feathers yet but they might come!

I will get it when the anti biotics are done. (i think)

hehe!
    I SWORE ON ONE THREAD!
    GET OVER IT!!!!!

Lol i dont have feathers yet but they might come!

I will get it when the anti biotics are done. (i think)

hehe!

Yeah yeah, cluck cluck.

Default swine flu

Hi am meant to be getting my swine flu jab tomorrow am really bad asthmatic is it worth getting it?

its just am reading everyone's post on the other thread and it kind of put me off having it

Quote Originally Posted by funky-dunky View Post
    Hi am meant to be getting my swine flu jab tomorrow am really bad asthmatic is it worth getting it?

its just am reading everyone's post on the other thread and it kind of put me off having it

Ask the doc or nurse that's giving it, don't rely on unqualified people to influence you.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast