Caithness Map :: Links to Site Map Paying too much for broadband? Move to PlusNet broadband and save£££s. Free setup now available - terms apply. PlusNet broadband.  
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Problems with swine flu vaccination? / SF Vaccinations for Children

Default Problems with swine flu vaccination? / SF Vaccinations for Children

I had my swine flu vaccination on Monday and I'm having a bit of a bad time with it. Just wondered if anyone else has experienced the same? I don't feel to bad in myself, a bit tired and white as a sheet the next day but its my arm where I had the jab that's bothering me. Its hot, very very sore, there's quite a big lump under the skin and its looks quite red today. Anyone else had the same problems?

Quote Originally Posted by olivia View Post
    I had my swine flu vaccination on Monday and I'm having a bit of a bad time with it. Just wondered if anyone else has experienced the same? I don't feel to bad in myself, a bit tired and white as a sheet the next day but its my arm where I had the jab that's bothering me. Its hot, very very sore, there's quite a big lump under the skin and its looks quite red today. Anyone else had the same problems?

My first one was sore for about 24 hours...take paracetamol.It does help.2 and bit weeks later,still had redness ...now gone,but lump remains,but no longer sore.
    2nd shot in 10 days!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by olivia View Post
    Sore arm seems to be the most common side effect of this injection. Others can include sore head and some flu like aches. The sore arm should only last for a couple of days but can take slightly longer to sort itself out.

Sounds like they have hit the muscle, this happened to my daughter a few years ago. Huge lump, hot and sore.
    @,'---.................................................. ---',@
    ~*~Believe In The Magic Of Your Dreams~*~
    ---',@................................................. . @',---

Ats it! Am gettin no swine flu vaccination!

Was gonna make the appointment tomorrow but nope....not now! Had a bad enuf reaction to ma other flu jab!
    I SWORE ON ONE THREAD!
    GET OVER IT!!!!!

I guess I've been lucky, I had both the swine flu and seasonal flu jab on Monday - one in each arm.

Swine flu, no bother at all. Seasonal flu slightly hot and red around the injection site, abot the size of a 2p piece, tiny bit uncomfortable for about 24 hours.
    The box said, "Requires Windows XP or better"...

... so I installed Ubuntu!

yup arm is sore but no biggie.. better than laying dying from the flu
    http://itqueries.com/

Default swine flu vaccine

My daughter and mother in law both had a sore arm after the vaccine but passed after a few days. Worst experience i had was about ten years ago got a vaccine can't even remember what for but they chipped the bone & i had to got to theatre to have it sorted! the joys nevermind still better than a nasty virus! Hope your arms better soon

Thanks everyone for your replies. I'm gonna take some pills and get to my bed. Hopefully, its a bit better tomorrow!

Im getting mine on the 4th!
    I SWORE ON ONE THREAD!
    GET OVER IT!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by ShelleyBain View Post
    Make your mind up lass, I know its a women's prerogative but which way will the wind blow before the 4th.

Its nowt to worry aboot LOL.

Quote Originally Posted by tonkatojo View Post
    Make your mind up lass, I know its a women's prerogative but which way will the wind blow before the 4th.

Its nowt to worry aboot LOL.
    Well i know its better to get it because my 1 year old son got diagnosed today. Been up all night with the poor thing!
    Last edited by ShelleyCowie; 26-Nov-09 at 15:45. Reason: Spelling
    I SWORE ON ONE THREAD!
    GET OVER IT!!!!!

Default Flu Jabs

I had both mine done yesterday and I seem to have had no reaction whatsoever.
    A man who fears suffering is already suffering from what he fears.

Well i know its better to get it because my 1 year old son god diagnosed today. Been up all night with the poor thing!

Hope the lad recovers just fine, your wise to get immunised, I was just jesting previously.

Quote Originally Posted by tonkatojo View Post
    Hope the lad recovers just fine, your wise to get immunised, I was just jesting previously.
    Dinna worry i know u was jokin.

Im sure he will be just fine. He is a wee trooper.
    I SWORE ON ONE THREAD!
    GET OVER IT!!!!!

Angry Problems with swine flu vaccination

Had mine on Monday and arm a bit tender yesterday. Red and swollen and a bruise on it. Why are some people having a second jab?

Default Swine Flu Jab

Quote Originally Posted by Hoida View Post
    Had mine on Monday and arm a bit tender yesterday. Red and swollen and a bruise on it. Why are some people having a second jab?
    The second jab for me was just my normal annual flu jab, which was due anyway plus plus the swine flu jab.
    A man who fears suffering is already suffering from what he fears.

Depends on which type of injection you get. If you are allergic to eggs you get a different type and you need two injections (i think two weeks apart?).

I had the ordinary single one and i had a VERY hot red and swollen arm around the size of my hand. It lasted about 4 days and when it started to go down it was very itchy.

Im glad i got it though!!

Good girl....Athrun needs u!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Hoida View Post
    I am getting 2nd jab as I am immunosupressed due to long term steroids.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast