Caithness Map :: Links to Site Map Paying too much for broadband? Move to PlusNet broadband and save£££s. Free setup now available - terms apply. PlusNet broadband.  
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: wanted land with rabbits on, for gundog training

Unhappy wanted land with rabbits on for gundog training

Quote Originally Posted by cazmanian_minx View Post
    There are masses on the area of common grazing next to Armadale village hall, but at the moment the hoggs are loose in the village, so unless your dogs are completely steady to sheep, wise to leave it until they go off at the end of March.
    I would think that permission would be needed from the grazing clerk.Don't want you to have a wasted journey.

Quote Originally Posted by Hoida View Post
    I would think that permission would be needed from the grazing clerk.Don't want you to have a wasted journey.
    i would think so too, i would certainly not go out there without oking it first

i was just interested in the distance as with the short daylight hours at this time of year ideally it would be somewhere close to town so i could pop out either first thing in the morning or in my lunch break during the week.
    “A lot of good arguments are spoiled by some fool who knows what he is talking about.”

I wondered where all the rabbits have gone. I used to have loads on my land but I hardly see any at all now--has been the case this last couple of years

Quote Originally Posted by Ricanna View Post
    I wondered where all the rabbits have gone. I used to have loads on my land but I hardly see any at all now--has been the case this last couple of years
    there is a liver disease going around that has hit the rabbit population very hard over the last few years, some areas it has not effected others it has
    “A lot of good arguments are spoiled by some fool who knows what he is talking about.”

Might this be related to mild wet winters--like liver fluke in sheep? If I have a resurgence in population will let you know as you would be welcome here.

Quote Originally Posted by Ricanna View Post
    Might this be related to mild wet winters--like liver fluke in sheep? If I have a resurgence in population will let you know as you would be welcome here.
    it could well be, although im not certain

thankyou, that would be great, the whole point of it is to get the dog used to hunting and flushing the rabbits, and sitting on the flush, there is really no need to shoot a rabbit its purely developing there hunting and training.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12