Caithness Map :: Links to Site Map Paying too much for broadband? Move to PlusNet broadband and save£££s. Free setup now available - terms apply. PlusNet broadband.  
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Shocking 'treatment' in Tescos!

ahhh haaa...so...it's not just me then?!!! I'm wondering if those wind mills on the outside roof and all the adjoining metal piping inside have any bearing? That area, inside tescos, also coincides with where I get my worst shocks...hmmmm...I do like a good mystery. I may just figure out how to create a poll and do a proper survey?? Could take a while though hehe.
    I will not be pushed, filed, stamped, indexed, briefed, debriefed, or numbered! My life is my own.

Quote Originally Posted by scorpion View Post
    I think that is a completely different kind of electricity !
    no definately not lol

I get shocks from the trollies. It's usually when I walk around the clothing section. There's a different floor covering there which makes it much worse. Some shoes make it worse too.

I have same problem with Tesco, Marks and Spencer Inverness is a bad one too, also get it off cars but only in the summer?

Default Static

Quote Originally Posted by woofit View Post
    it can take as little as 1minute, to suffer from such a shock when I enter Tescos (Wick). I'm not talking just a wee shock.

I have only had two wee shocks in Tesco Wick, one was the price of the Nintendo Wii, and the other was,......... well just how tidy, well presented and clean the toilets are...........
    Tesco .

I am someone that has had a problem with static, and when I used to do long car journeys as a sales rep it used to catch me out often when getting out of the car, and it was not unusual to see me picking up my books and samples off the pavement.

The idea of having long jeans trailing on the floor sounds like about the best idea, good luck.
    A man who fears suffering is already suffering from what he fears.

It's down to your underwear!
    It's the old nylons m'luv!

I get it all the time when I wear me stockings n' suspenders.

NO, NO. No I meant trainers, when I wear trainers.

Default shocking treatment in tescos!

Perhaps this static electricity is part of the green ethical store policy...literally customers make their own power?

the inverness store is the one that keeps trying to kill me! everytime i go in im nearly electricuted *grins* sorry for the spelling!
    but the shocks have fried my brain!
    wick store every now and again. but not as bad and def in clothing isle. i think hubby set something up to schock me to stop me from buying.
    http://itqueries.com/

Both me and my o/h and our youngest son get severe shocks from the tesco trolleys but ive also noticed it after being on the trampoline. Maybe just some people are totally electrafying ha ha ha

Quote Originally Posted by lazytown View Post
    It usually happens to me within the clothing area in tescos Wick and Inverness, I take great enjoyment shocking the kids and wife when we go round.
    Exactly that same thing here too. It's gotten to the stage that the Mrs has to push the trollys in these two stores, as the constant shocks just do my nut in !!

I never have the same problem Asda though. Weird...

Quote Originally Posted by brandy View Post
    wick store every now and again. but not as bad and def in clothing isle. i think hubby set something up to schock me to stop me from buying.
    I was thinking the same thing - my worst shocks have been in the clothing section with an item of said clothing in hand. I receive a shock and drop the item..... I'm pretty sure it's my husband pressing a button from a distance!

Can't say it's a problem I've had but there could be a good reason for that. As my ex used to tell me regularly, "Where there's no sense there's no feeling".
    Animals I like, people I tolerate.

This happens to me in certain shops. It may well be the material the trolley wheels are made of vs the floor material. Same as when you try to stick a balloon to the ceiling with static, and one person can do it while another can't because their jumpers are made of different fibres.

If the air is dry enough to let big voltages build up and make visible sparks, be careful pumping petrol. The worst shocks I get are when getting out of my car (synthetic fabric seats) wearing cotton (Wranglers). A lot of gas stations here have a sign warning you not to get back in your car while pumping the gas. The danger is the spark you make when you get back out now has flammable vapours to work with. For an illustration, see
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DcFO7lQII8I

That one wasn't so bad. There was a really traumatic one a couple of years ago of a guy up in Washington State getting killed doing that.

i get shocks in the wick tesco aswell but i use it to control my kids, any nonsense and i zap em. i thought i was the only one who got them so badly as i've never seen anyone else squeal.

Yep, me too i am always geting shocks in wick tescos and especially in the clothing dep. i hate them i have a fear from working with electric fences for the horses! My daughter gets upset when she gets them from me - thank goodness that looks and electric shocks dont kill!

Quote Originally Posted by mumof2 View Post
    i get shocks in the wick tesco aswell but i use it to control my kids, any nonsense and i zap em.
    That's a great parenting tip - I'll keep it in mind for future visits to Tesco!!

Wink

Maybe it's something to do with ....(gasp) Ley Lines!

Or Global Warming!

Or Climate Change!
    "Life is a sexually transmitted disease, with 100% fatality." R.D.Laing

Default ...

I get this loads aswel and i can see it. worst is trolleys, cars and my fireguard!! it really bugs me

Quote Originally Posted by woofit View Post
    hehe...the plot thickens! Aaldtimer- I'm under no illusion that the static is coming from me! I can however, be dressed in mostly cotton...and still have a shocking experience...I also realise that by pushing a metal trolley against a man-made floor...you are asking for trouble!
    Mostly I think the trolley's nylon wheels don't help

I have found that lying on the floor in Tescos and sticking my tongue in the sockets is a good way to get an electric shock. Failing that, try cutting the flex on the kiddie ride in the foyer and stick the end in your mouth.....or somewhere else

If you wish to have an electrical shock whilst doing your shopping, simply bolt a 5kw petrol generator to your trolley and hook up the power to the metal trolley frame. Thinking about it, if you had a set of ladders, I'm sure you could get on the roof and hook yourself up directly to one of the wind turbines...should look impressive on dark winter evenings......your head would resemble a Van der Graff generator or even one of those Plasma balls.....

No, there's no need to thank me for the information Ma'm, just doing my job.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12