Caithness Map :: Links to Site Map Paying too much for broadband? Move to PlusNet broadband and save£££s. Free setup now available - terms apply. PlusNet broadband.  
Page 1 of 45 1234511 ... LastLast

Thread: Global Warming Propaganda

Default Global Warming Propaganda

All available evidence indicates that man-made global warming is a physical impossibility, but if the predicted warming could be induced it would probably provide net benefits. However, there is a widespread imagined risk of the warming and politicians are responding to it. Responses to imagined risk are often extreme and dangerous. For example, somebody with a fear of mice may see a mouse and as a response try to jump on a chair causing damage to the chair and injury to himself. There is no point in telling the injured person that mice are harmless because fear is irrational so cannot be overcome by rational argument.

Widespread imagined risk is to be expected as the end of the twentieth century the end of the second millennium approaches. Prophets of doom have occurred when the end of each past century approached. They always proclaimed that the end of the world is nigh unless people changed their ways and accepted great hardship. So, history suggests that the global warming scare or something like it can be expected at this time.

Global warming proponents call for reduced CO2 emissions and this equates to a call for cuts in the use of energy, but the energy industries have done more to benefit mankind than anything else since the invention of agriculture. And global warming proponents often call for use of renewables to replace fossil fuels, but that is a call for a return to preindustrial society the industrial revolution occurred when fossil fuels replaced biomass and windpower. It is physically impossible for wind and solar energies to supply the energy needs of the developed world, and the peoples of the developing world are insisting on their right to develop too.

The past prophets of doom have all been wrong, so it is reasonable to expect today’s doom-mongers to justify their arguments. And this is especially the case when they attack something so clearly beneficial to mankind as the use of fossil fuels. But imagined risk is not rational, so reasonable expectations do not apply. The simple fact that it is physically impossible for CO2 emissions to cause man-made global warming has no effect on imagined fear of global warming.

Also, some global warming proponents are accepting a good financial income from the global warming scare and have become global warming propagandists to promote their interests. These include some researchers who obtain research grants and some environmental organisations who need donations. They are making a living by promoting fear of man-made global warming. Their behaviour is similar to that of the ‘snake oil salesmen’ in the nineteenth century. Snake oil salesmen sold snake oil that did not require real snakes to make it. Global warming propagandists are selling fear of man-made global warming and that does not require real man-made global warming to make it.

www.globalwarmingpropaganda.com

uh-hu...and whats this got to do with the price of cheese?

Sorry had to be said! Anyways, whats the question or was it just a statement?
    I SWORE ON ONE THREAD!
    GET OVER IT!!!!!

Aye.......

I can agree with you on man made global warming. However, global warming does occur, it is perfectly natural as far as the earth is concerned and its relationship with the sun, there are slight tips of the earths axis, this way and that, and in space this changes slightly the earths angle to the sun and other planets, all having effect the climate, these changes occur approx every 6 to 7 hundred years. Sometimes the changes can be very severe. There are also pole reversals which occur from time to time, (not so often a climate change) they cause complete chaos with the planet. I recall reading somewhere in the distant past that we are the 3rd civilisation to walk the earth, so sooner of later one of the prophets of doom will be correct.
    To counter global warming the ancient Mayans used to sacrafice virgins, there are not very many of them around these days so we build windmills, equally futile. I know now how Don Quixote must have felt.
    Live the Dream, don't dream the life

I really don't know where to start in answering such nonsense. The oil companies and their paid stooges have made such a great job of turning a scientific issue into a political one that it's probably impossible to have any kind of a reasoned debate about it any more.

The same thing happened way back in the early 1970s when people started to worry that CFCs in aerosol propellants and air conditioners would cause damage to the ozone layer. This too was hailed as "a physical impossibility*". The chemical industry was at least partially successfully in convincing people it wasn't going to happen. Roll the clock forward to 1985, and woops! there's a big hole in the ozone layer over the South Pole, and there's about 4% less ozone in the whole ozone layer every year. Sorry about that folks, seems we were wrong after all, we'll stop using those compounds now. Can we sell you some sun screen in the mean time?

*Please explain the physical principle behind this statement.

Is it coincidental that anti-global warming propagada is totally void of credible science and heavy on clever wordplay?

The timing of all this is not coincidental on the eve of a major international agreement on Climate Change, to give this rubbish any airtime is totally irresponsible imho.
    Last edited by Rheghead; 24-Nov-09 at 08:05.
    God, grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change,
    Courage to change the things I can,
    And wisdom to know the difference.

Eagleclaw68......where did you source that load of claptrap and do you honestly think it can be verified?

small fishing village outside wick called pulteney

Talking ice age

Quote Originally Posted by LIZZ View Post
    Eagleclaw68......where did you source that load of claptrap and do you honestly think it can be verified?

the same place the rest of the twats on here get the information, they get kinda what they want then mutilate it until it is what they believe and hey presto """paste""""

globle warming is a natural effect

what caused the last ice age " i dont think it was emmission "
    if it wasnt for pubs it would be tescos for us all

Quote Originally Posted by riggerboy View Post
    the same place the rest of the twats on here get the information, they get kinda what they want then mutilate it until it is what they believe and hey presto """paste""""

globle warming is a natural effect

what caused the last ice age " i dont think it was emmission "
    Steady RB, your getting very close to talking common sense.

little ice age coldest temperatures peaked with the peak of the maunder minimum. The inconvenient medieval warm period happened during the medieval maximum. What's the big mystery? I would have to agree with op and philll. Anthropogenic warming is a scam. It is a scam built on fear. CO2 is an essential part of the cycle of vitality of every living organism on this planet. Where would you be without it? Hadley centre who advise the metoffice have been hacked. Their deceit is apparent to anyone who wishes to download it. Besides, the metoffice people, cannot tell you an accurate weather forecast for tomorrow afternoon. What business do they have predicting climate 50 - 100 years from now?

If the various govt's & science bods who "believe" were all doomed by CO2 emissions are really that bothered why don't they ban fossil fuels?

1st January 2010 Worldwide ban. Oilrigs stop pumping, cars can be scrapped, coal mines can be filled in.
    Job done and we all live happy ever after and we plunge instantly into an ice age.

Oh, but what about the money?

Quote Originally Posted by Phill View Post
    If the various govt's & science bods who "believe" were all doomed by CO2 emissions are really that bothered why don't they ban fossil fuels?

1st January 2010 Worldwide ban. Oilrigs stop pumping, cars can be scrapped, coal mines can be filled in.
    Job done and we all live happy ever after and we plunge instantly into an ice age.

Oh, but what about the money?

We certainly would be in an ice age in wor hoose without coal.

Quote Originally Posted by tonkatojo View Post
    We certainly would be in an ice age in wor hoose without coal.

Oh you'll be fine. Y'can use the alternator off yer car ye' cannae use and fashion a windmill out of the front wings n bumpers, windpower see!

Oh you'll be fine. Y'can use the alternator off yer car ye' cannae use and fashion a windmill out of the front wings n bumpers, windpower see!

where thers a will theres a way

Ahdaintseewhatwonalternatorwuddeetivkeepmawarmifyo riceagecumsivrywonwudneedwofthosemasivewonslikeBly thpeirsgot...

“We are convinced that ExxonMobil’s longstanding support of a small cadre of global climate change
    skeptics, and those skeptics’ access to and influence on government policymakers, have made it
    increasingly difficult for the United States to demonstrate the moral clarity it needs across all facets of
    its diplomacy.”
    Senators Rockefeller and Snowe Letter to ExxonMobil CEO Rex Tillerson. Oct 27, 2006
    Just the sort of thing that gives flesh to the saying that a lie can travel around the world before the truth has chance to put its boots.
    God, grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change,
    Courage to change the things I can,
    And wisdom to know the difference.

I'm not too well up on all the writings on the Global Warming issue and don't really know which side to believe.
    However, I have wondered that if we are currently warming the planet up due to our indiscriminate use of fossil fuels emitting CO2 into the atmosphere, how is it that we are not currently in the middle of a heatwave due to the effects of the Industrial Revolution emissions which lasted a fair time?
    Also how come the two wars which produced (albeit shorter but what appeared to be hugly more intense) bouts of pollution due to burning and the burning of forests around the world have had no apparent effect (or at least I haven't seen anything attributing the current increase in global warming to them)?
    Just wondering
    He has a profound respect for old age. Especially when it's bottled.
    Gene Fowler

What did justlooking do to upset the mods?

One post and their banned, crikey

Quote Originally Posted by tonkatojo View Post
    Ahdaintseewhatwonalternatorwuddeetivkeepmawarmifyo riceagecumsivrywonwudneedwofthosemasivewonslikeBly thpeirsgot...

There's always solar power, you can camp round a pile o' pebbles and use a magnifying glass to heat 'em up one by one. Totally carbon neutral.

What did justlooking do to upset the mods?

One post and their banned, crikey
    Thats what i was thinking.
    I SWORE ON ONE THREAD!
    GET OVER IT!!!!!

Page 1 of 45 1234511 ... LastLast