Caithness Map :: Links to Site Map Paying too much for broadband? Move to PlusNet broadband and save£££s. Free setup now available - terms apply. PlusNet broadband.  

Thread: Hendersons of Ramscraigs - Family History Web Site

Default Hendersons of Ramscraigs - Family History Web Site

For those that might be interested, I have started tracking the family history and genealogy work via a weblog. If you are looking information about the Hendersons of southern Caithness, you may find a snip of information or two at.

http://ramscraigs.com/

This is a work in progress, but I am hoping over time to build up a comprehensive set of information about the area and it's history.

Bruce

That is really great thanks Bruce. I very much enjoyed a browse through your weblog. My ancestors were in the Golsary/Berriedale/Badbea area at the same time as yours - so I will very much enjoy watching your developing research. I have also had a few 'aha' moments with the old maps (that I located via other postings on this Caithness forum). Talking about croft buildings did you get to see the Laidhay museum? That has a great example of a typical Caithness croft. I have also found the Geograph project wonderful for local photos - that are licenced for re-use on things like weblogs. Which is very helpful indeed. Scran has a fantastic collection of old photos that are available for a small fee but I think the copyright may not allow for postings on a weblog - a pity because the information is very good.
    Thanks again. Christina, New Zealand

Thanks for the kind words, one of the banner photos (they change every time you reload the page) is of the Laidhay museum, so yes - a wonderful place indeed!

My research is taking me into areas of Badbea and Ousdale and points south as well, as I hope to have up there before long. I have been working with the Badbea Families web site, which is a fantastic piece of work indeed.

Bruce