Caithness Map :: Links to Site Map Paying too much for broadband? Move to PlusNet broadband and save£££s. Free setup now available - terms apply. PlusNet broadband.  
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Avatar - the movie

Default Avatar - the movie

Who else is looking forward to this new movie? I have just been watching the trailer on the web site - the Fx look brilliant and I really hope that I can see it in 3D. Very Americanised but I think I can live with that, especially since it shows up their 'smash it up and grab what we want' mentality.

PS I know that this trait is just the corporate part of the US and is in no way a reflection of the general American public.
    "Step sideways, pause and study those around you. You will learn a great deal."

Where will be the nearest cinema to show this in 3D?

Read an article on the film, and the 3D effects are supposed to be incredible

Some of the kids and staff from school went to see Christmas Carol in 3D and they also saw the trailer to Avatar. Said it looks brilliant!!

Saw the trailer last night, I like the fact it's basically a take on the American occupation/purpose(?!) in Iraq although what irritates me is that the story will be secondary to all the CGI chat that people r going on about.

Just Outside The Gateway To Hell 3rd House On The Left

Inverness are listed as showing this in 3d

Might partake it this weekend maybe
    Give a child a hammer and the whole world becomes a nail

I saw a trailer which showed a wee bit more of the story line than the previous trailer I had seen on t.v. Looks really good. I would love to see it in 3D too. Must organise a trip to go and see it at some point.
    *->Stress - This is the confusion created when the mind overides the body's desire to strangle some JERK who desperately needs it<-*

Nobody is Pefect. I am Nobody, therefore I am Perfect

Watched this today in 3d amazing deffo a major improvement in 3d tech was just like watching a film with a set of glasses on

Quote Originally Posted by The Angel Of Death View Post
    Watched this today in 3d amazing deffo a major improvement in 3d tech was just like watching a film with a set of glasses on
    And i hope u handed back in the glasses
    I SWORE ON ONE THREAD!
    GET OVER IT!!!!!

You mean the nhs special glasses ?

Nope but they not far of really cheap sunglasses pretty much disposable more or less

Ab-sol-ute-ly amazing!! What an incredible movie - highly recommend it for the vis-fx, the beauty of the nature scenes. A very touching film that kicks ass - military ass that is.

And no, I didn't hand the glasses back - they were part of the price.

And here was me thinking that it was only me that had light fingers

Quote Originally Posted by The Angel Of Death View Post
    And here was me thinking that it was only me that had light fingers
    Well, in my and your defence, there was no sign saying we had to hand them back. There was nowhere to put them either. Did your glasses come sealed in a commercial wrapper? Mine were - I would hope that the cinema is not trying to save money by reusing the glasses - this would make a mockery of the 'Bin it' advice for swine flu!

There was a bin for em in inverness but hey i paid for em so there mines

Over the pond, but not quite over the hill yet

Quote Originally Posted by Ricco View Post

Ab-sol-ute-ly amazing!! What an incredible movie - highly recommend it for the vis-fx, the beauty of the nature scenes. A very touching film that kicks ass - military ass that is.

And no, I didn't hand the glasses back - they were part of the price.
    I agree with your comments, Ricco. Hubby and I saw it in RealD 3D a few nights ago, and absolutely loved it!! What a visually stunning experience!!!

I read that James Cameron had the film in development since 1994, with a planned release date of 1999. But technology needed to catch up with his vision of the film, hence the delay. It was well worth the wait, in my opinion!!
    I am living for today, always remembering yesterday, and looking forward to tomorrow!

Quote Originally Posted by Amadan View Post
    Saw the trailer last night, I like the fact it's basically a take on the American occupation/purpose(?!) in Iraq although what irritates me is that the story will be secondary to all the CGI chat that people r going on about.
    I think the story is a take on the first occupation of the Americas and the struggle that indigenous peoples has to deal with white invaders by what I've read from a few folks that have seen it.

The right wing of American politics is in a bit of a kerfuffle about the film because in this substory the indians are portrayed as the good guys.

I've not seen the film yet so I'll have to make up my own mind about it but I am looking forward to it, it's a shame Allstarfactory is no more.
    God, grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change,
    Courage to change the things I can,
    And wisdom to know the difference.

Default Avatar

The film was stunning, just incredible and i want to see it again!! Shame its so far to drive though.

My boyfriend and i opened our glasses packets and he had a tiny kiddies pair!!! So he was thankful for the people who chucked them in the huge box for used glasses as he "borrowed" a pair.

Did anyone else see the Piranha trailer at the beginning! I was nearly climbing over my seat to get away from it. 3D is a whole new level and its great!

This movie was AWSOME!!!!!! Loved the story, the graphics were brilliant. The scenes in the woods just seemed to go on forever, no limits at all. Stunning colours aswell.

This movie deserves 10/10 from me. Absolutely brilliant!!
    I SWORE ON ONE THREAD!
    GET OVER IT!!!!!

Default avatar

appararently this is an uptake of pocahontas made a few years ago.

aye, brilliant film. i loved all 'e bright lights all hingin doon

ma pal (a grown man) bawled lek a lascie at 'e end so did, but i am a lascie. i hev 'e right
    Merry Meet, Merry Part and Merry Meet Again
    Blessed Be...

Watched it on e'laptop. Brilliant film, dying to see it in 3D at a cinema.

Watched "The boy in the striped pyjamas " too. Good ,sad film, even if it was fairly predictable.
    Last edited by Dog-eared; 27-Feb-10 at 16:46.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast