Caithness Map :: Links to Site Map Paying too much for broadband? Move to PlusNet broadband and save£££s. Free setup now available - terms apply. PlusNet broadband.  
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: Should men be able to choose?

Default Should men be able to choose?

A 25-year-old Michigan computer programmer named Matthew Dubay sued in federal court to avoid paying child support for his 7-month-old daughter. The girl's mother, he alleges, had claimed to be both infertile and on birth control, and he had made it clear all along that he didn't want children. The resulting pregnancy, as he saw it, was simply not his fault, and the child not in any way his responsibility. I don't think he should have to pay unless he wants to but what's your opinion?

unicorn Guest

If it is true that she claimed infertility and to be on birth control then no I don't think he should have to pay. Realistically he could have taken precautions but if he had can you imagine the fuss she probably would have made.

He ought to have seen that something was up when she claimed to be both infertile and using contraception, since you don't need the latter if you're the former.

Of course he should pay up - who else should? The taxpayer?
    Laugh and the world laughs with you... cry, and the world looks sheepish and suddenly remembers it had other plans.

Being infertile and on birth control seems a bit strange to start with, maybe the alarm bells should have rang then.

As much as I feel sorry for him( alittle bit) I cannot understand how any man thinks he shouldn't pay for his child. Who does he think should? I think a man should take responsibility for birth control as much as a woman, if just for his own peace of mind. Better safe than sorry, and if not then he should accept the consequences.
    Don't wrestle with pigs, you just get all dirty and the pig enjoys it.

Sorry Drutt, I must have posted at the same time as you, great minds think alike eh.

Quote Originally Posted by pultneytooner
    Being infertile and on birth control seems a bit strange to start with, maybe the alarm bells should have rang then.
    But wimen are natural born little liars...its bred in to them along with their mothers milk, what chance has a poor male got in this day and age, they drink, they smoke, they swear, allegedly some keep the toilet seat up, they drive big 18 wheelers.....What chance has a decent man got?
    Once the original Grumpy Owld Man but alas no more

Quote Originally Posted by golach
    But wimen are natural born little liars...its bred in to them along with their mothers milk, what chance has a poor male got in this day and age, they drink, they smoke, they swear, allegedly some keep the toilet seat up, they drive big 18 wheelers.....What chance has a decent man got?

Thats half the wimen on here you have just struck out at including me, but as I know it was done tongue in cheek I will let you off lol

You are really just a big softie, but don't worry, I won't tell any one

I think men should have no choice at all, about anything!! They should do as they're told and keep us women happy...

Quote Originally Posted by connieb19
    I think men should have no choice at all, about anything!! They should do as they're told and keep us women happy...
    i have been doing that for year's and i'm still alway's wrong lol

Quote Originally Posted by Mr & Mrs Billy Boy
    i have been doing that for year's and i'm still alway's wrong lol
    Of course, and you never will be right..lol but keep on trying..

And how exactly does one keep a woman happy?!

The contraceptive pill would have worked a lot better if he'd got her to clamp it between her knees.

Quote Originally Posted by pultneytooner
    A 25-year-old Michigan computer programmer named Matthew Dubay sued in federal court to avoid paying child support for his 7-month-old daughter. The girl's mother, he alleges, had claimed to be both infertile and on birth control, and he had made it clear all along that he didn't want children. The resulting pregnancy, as he saw it, was simply not his fault, and the child not in any way his responsibility. I don't think he should have to pay unless he wants to but what's your opinion?
    A child is not someone's "fault". Nor is the issue here faulty birth control. A person lives who needs the care, nurture and support of its parents.

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by Jeid
    And how exactly does one keep a woman happy?!
    Jeid, don't you know? Do you need Auntie Connies assistance? I will send you a pm. I don't want banned again..lol

Thumbs down

Grrrr thanks for the bad rep!!!! you men just cannot take a joke..

unicorn Guest

connie ya win some an u lose some lol

If you are going to tango and you don't want any "consequences", you make sure you take care of contraception at your end. That child exists because of two people, not one. Therefore two people are responsible for it. The only way he could garantee not becoming a daddy was not to dance. Once he danced he took a risk.

Can you imagine the spate of children abandoned because fathers no longer want the responsibility of taking care of their off-spring?
    An expert is one who knows more and more about less and less until he knows absolutely everything about nothing

Jeid, don't you know? Do you need Auntie Connies assistance? I will send you a pm. I don't want banned again..lol
    Thanks for the offer... Think I'll pass

unicorn Guest

At the risk of major bad rep here lol.... what about the women who get pregnant to deliberately hold a man??? people can say it doesn't happen but of course it does I have heard stories of pins being pushed through condom wrappers etc. I know it is not the child's fault and it still deserves a loving upbringing but why should a man pay when he has been deliberately trapped?

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast