Caithness Map :: Links to Site Map Paying too much for broadband? Move to PlusNet broadband and save£££s. Free setup now available - terms apply. PlusNet broadband.  
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Manager says Academy players cheated???

Quote Originally Posted by acameron
    Sven is looking for a job after the summer
    True, but he has enough trouble picking his women, nevermind picking from Wick's sorry excuse for a team

Lets hope the new manager will make it possible to take children to Academy games again without worrying about the new words they are going to learn.

Perhaps if Academy started attracting better coaches, providing better facilities for young players, then yes, they may start improving... in a few years.

Cool

I heard Alex Mccleish was being tipped for the job & in his spare time he is going across the road to stack shelves in Home base, hope he puts the right stock in the right shelves over there, dont see him getting away with setting a jig saw in a kettles position

My pick would be, steve paterson but doubt it if He`d stack shelves up here?

nowt wrong wi stacking shelves its a job. dont think steve paterson would be a good filler does he not like a good drink or 7
    no amount of darkness can drive out darkness
    only light can do that.

Quote Originally Posted by The Pepsi Challenge
    Perhaps if Academy started attracting better coaches, providing better facilities for young players, then yes, they may start improving... in a few years.
    Exactly what is Wick Academy doing to encourage local kids/teenagers to become the team of the future? After all they are Wick's only hope the current lot aren't up to much
    Nil Satis Nisi Optimum.

Cool

Come on outsider, weve already been banned from speaking about professional football, none of us wish to be banned speaking about the little bit of football that we can discuss, theres no point in masking words ,ye`ll get banned & so will we!

Talking

What exactly are Wick Academy hoping for in the future? Do they expect to get promotion to the Scottish League? I don't think so.

I think it is about time they realised where they are in football terms. Nearly bottom of the pile (if you take away Fort William, a SHINTY town!) and a few other duck eggs.

They need to get it into their heads that the best that can be achieved up here is to take the odd scalp of a top team and MAYBE, with a bit of luck like Gretna, get to a cup final. NOTHING ELSE.

You cannot go on continually sacking managers, who try their best from what there is in the area. And what happens when the manager gets sacked? That's right, put Pat Miller in his place for the 101st time. Forward thinking, eh?

I notice a lot of the players still want to play summer football as well. Until you get all the players ONLY playing Highland League, making sure they have a summer break, nothing will happen. Not even a cup final appearance.

Give Alistair Budge his due, he worked damn hard for the Academy with the little resources available to him.

In fact, Acadamy's best football was played under John Black. What happened to him. Sacked and replaced by Pat Miller!!

I rest my case.

The Loafer
    Tally ho with a bing and a bong and a buzz-buzz-buzz

Thumbs down

Alistair Budge gave Wick 110%,sometimes he was a bit hot headed,but lets face it ,we all knew that when he caught the job.What he did do, was bring all the best players in the county together,gave up probably 30 hours a week off his time for nothing,and gave the young lads, Macadie and Gunn their
    chance.He had a long term plan to work with as much local talent as possible.
    Funny thing was, he was at a coaching coarse in Edinburgh when he received the dreaded call.Wick won't get any better imo.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12