Caithness Map :: Links to Site Map Paying too much for broadband? Move to PlusNet broadband and save£££s. Free setup now available - terms apply. PlusNet broadband.  

Thread: Manager says Academy players cheated???

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Not everything you read/reported in paper is true. You have to wonder if ex-manager would have made these comments if he hadn't been sacked? I think he would have been sacked any way regardless of 7-0 drubbing as Wick Academy haven't improved in 3 years he was in charge not to say that they will improve with a new manager.

Academy have been a joke for a few years they had a Chairman who ran a Charity but would not reveal its bank account details to anyone and kept the club a closed shop by only letting him and his cronies into the commitee.He or the club are now being investigated by the SFA.

I said IF they had been throwing games not they had been throwing games which does not jump to any conclusions

Threw the game? Never, Academy are just terrible.

They threw the game, that makes me laugh, they are just a poor football team, that's all.

This would be more believable if they actually knew how to win games. How can a team throw a game that they would more than likely have lost.

Yes ,there seems to be a hint of sour grapes but it was in the Sun & you cant believe all thats in there. Id agree with Jeid , they would have lost anyway.
    You can have all the determination in the world, all the passion,but when your up against a team with all that & talent, then you have no luck, or in Wick`s case ,a 7-0 rout.

The manager can only work with what he`s got, & compared to the top teams in the highland league, its unfortuneately not much im afraid

Quote Originally Posted by Jeid
    This would be more believable if they actually knew how to win games. How can a team throw a game that they would more than likely have lost.
    True, you have to be able to win them before you can be accused of throwing them.

Unhappy

Theyre just not very good,im afraid. In short I agree with pepsi

Quote Originally Posted by The Pepsi Challenge
    Threw the game? Never, Academy are just terrible.
    This is what I was thinking after reading it too.
    Their coming to take me away.....haha-hee-hee-ho-ho

I canna believe that the players threw a game to get the manager the sack. A manager does not get the sack because of one game result. If I remember right, Budge resigned last year and he was talked out of it.