Caithness Map :: Links to Site Map Paying too much for broadband? Move to PlusNet broadband and save£££s. Free setup now available - terms apply. PlusNet broadband.  
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Manager says Academy players cheated???

Default Manager says Academy players cheated???

Just read the article in The Sun(page 67) with Alistair Budge's claims that some of the players deliberately threw the game against Keith when they lost 7-0 so he would get the sack

Anyone know whats behind this and if there is any truth in it or is it just sour grapes on the ex-managers part

Sounds as though the SFA maybe asked to look in to it

Definately seem like a club looking to regularly self implode if its not financial irregularities its now player irregularities

No matter what the players think of the manager they should never go out and throw a game, its not fair to the fans or the other teams in the league.
    If its true the offending players should be banned from all levels of football
    If its not true surely the accuser should get the same

It seems Wick Academy cannot get anything correct between the WADF and now this story it seems to be all bad publicity for them.

If the players have indeed been throwing games it is a disgrace why did they not just have a face to face meeting with there manager?I suppose that would have made too much sense typical of the youth of today really

Quote Originally Posted by ullevi
    It seems Wick Academy cannot get anything correct between the WADF and now this story it seems to be all bad publicity for them.

If the players have indeed been throwing games it is a disgrace why did they not just have a face to face meeting with there manager?
    Let's not wait for the truth or an investigation.
    Let's just jump to any old conclusions.

Quote Originally Posted by ullevi
    I suppose that would have made too much sense typical of the youth of today really
    And another thing , let's just make a few cliche-ridden generalising statements while we are at it.

Nothing like some reasoned observations to stir the blood eh?

unicorn Guest

I read this in yesterdays p&j and just thought it sounded like sour grapes but I am sure the truth will come out after an enquiry

Not everything you read/reported in paper is true. You have to wonder if ex-manager would have made these comments if he hadn't been sacked? I think he would have been sacked any way regardless of 7-0 drubbing as Wick Academy haven't improved in 3 years he was in charge not to say that they will improve with a new manager.

Academy have been a joke for a few years they had a Chairman who ran a Charity but would not reveal its bank account details to anyone and kept the club a closed shop by only letting him and his cronies into the commitee.He or the club are now being investigated by the SFA.

I said IF they had been throwing games not they had been throwing games which does not jump to any conclusions

Threw the game? Never, Academy are just terrible.

They threw the game, that makes me laugh, they are just a poor football team, that's all.

This would be more believable if they actually knew how to win games. How can a team throw a game that they would more than likely have lost.

Yes ,there seems to be a hint of sour grapes but it was in the Sun & you cant believe all thats in there. Id agree with Jeid , they would have lost anyway.
    You can have all the determination in the world, all the passion,but when your up against a team with all that & talent, then you have no luck, or in Wick`s case ,a 7-0 rout.

The manager can only work with what he`s got, & compared to the top teams in the highland league, its unfortuneately not much im afraid

Quote Originally Posted by The Pepsi Challenge
    Threw the game? Never, Academy are just terrible.
    This is what I was thinking after reading it too.
    Their coming to take me away.....haha-hee-hee-ho-ho

I canna believe that the players threw a game to get the manager the sack. A manager does not get the sack because of one game result. If I remember right, Budge resigned last year and he was talked out of it.

Quote Originally Posted by Jeid
    This would be more believable if they actually knew how to win games. How can a team throw a game that they would more than likely have lost.
    True, you have to be able to win them before you can be accused of throwing them.

Unhappy

Theyre just not very good,im afraid. In short I agree with pepsi

Quote Originally Posted by Stone Roses
    Theyre just not very good,im afraid. In short I agree with pepsi
    I have to disagree, I think they're super duper..lol
    Don't wrestle with pigs, you just get all dirty and the pig enjoys it.

If a manager cannot improve a team's performance after more than 3 years in charge, then in my book he is not good enough for the job. To put the blame on the players is out of order, just an excuse to cover his own downfall. After all his record speaks for itself. 58 defeats, 22 wins and 12 draws. Not very good is it?

I remember not so long ago he slated some of his players in public. That's not very professional like. I don't claim to know an awful lot about football, but I know enough to know that after three years without any great improvement it is time to get rid.

22 wins in three years, Budge should have been trying to acheive at least 22 wins in a season.

So if the team are so terrible and the club have no money and players dont seem to want to come this far north to play, can Wick Academy ever expect a manager to give them any better results and performance than what they are currently getting - -
    - - - Is there realistically improvement to be had?
    Who do the fans want to be the new manager?

Actually also while im asking, if the ground development fund run by exchairman J Gunn (i think)is now unrelated to Wick Academy what is the money now for?

Quote Originally Posted by Gogglebox
    Who do the fans want to be the new manager?
    Mickey Mouse

Sven is looking for a job after the summer

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast