Caithness Map :: Links to Site Map Paying too much for broadband? Move to PlusNet broadband and save£££s. Free setup now available - terms apply. PlusNet broadband.  

Thread: Coffee machines, Krups vs Tassimo

Question Coffee machines, Krups vs Tassimo

Looking for some info regarding single serve coffee machines, has anybody got either a Krups Dolce Gusto, Senseo or Tassimo? Just want to know your opinions please before I decide which model to buy.

Thanks
    Why be a hard rock when you really are a gem!

Default Krups Dolce Gusto

Julia

I bought my husband the Krups Dolce Gusto for his birthday at thebeginning of the month. It is FAB. Can't praise it enough. Bought it cause of its good revews; it looks good and importantly, you can buy the pods from Tesco.

The children love the hot chocolate, husband likes latte & cappacino (the "skinny" versions are just as good) and I like the regular back coffees. It's easy to use (and quick) and no mess or fuss. I was a wee bit worried about it using just pods, but can honestly say it tastes great - perfect filter taste.

So impressed, am buying this for joint Christmas pressies for my in-laws and sister and her partner and am going to put one in my holiday home!

Hope this helps.

We have a senseo after seeing and tasting it in action in Holland. Buy the pods and other goodies from senseo direct.
    Making tomorrow`s memories today

hey julia
    the reviews on argos for all 3 paint a picture , but the beauty of argos is their returns policy ... try all 3 one after another, returning them after a few days with some phoney baloney excuse and then choose the best one for yourself !

i got through a few george foremans this way before choosing !

I love my Tassimo!
    People will forget what you said, people will forget what you did, but people will
    never forget how you made them feel.

Team tassimo all the way!!!!!!
    What doesn't kill you, will make you stronger.....

I have a Tassimo and I'm very pleased with it. Cafe crema is my fave. Not tried the other machines.
    God, grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change,
    Courage to change the things I can,
    And wisdom to know the difference.

I have a gaggia classic it makes a good capochino and expresso when u get a machine that froths the milk by steam its really fine but like most gadgets its the cleaning after wards all the parts its a hasstle

I have a Senseo -- I'm not a coffee drinker so I don't use it much. It's OK but I'm not overly impressed.

Quote Originally Posted by greenasiamcabbagelooking View Post
    hey julia
    the reviews on argos for all 3 paint a picture , but the beauty of argos is their returns policy ... try all 3 one after another, returning them after a few days with some phoney baloney excuse and then choose the best one for yourself !

i got through a few george foremans this way before choosing !
    If we all did that, prices would go through the ceiling.

Quote Originally Posted by Margaret M. View Post
    If we all did that, prices would go through the ceiling.
    that's why i suggested Julia do it, not everyone

The tassimo is easy to clean. Sometimes it needs a run-through with water and a quick clean around the t disc tray with a tissue. I've never cleaned out the drip tray as I leave it till the drips stop.
    God, grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change,
    Courage to change the things I can,
    And wisdom to know the difference.

Thanks for all your advice, weighing up the cost of the actual coffee capsules and after reading some reviews as well I've bought the Krups machine.
    Why be a hard rock when you really are a gem!

Default Krups

I love the Krupes machine. If you are looking for some more coffee refills ebay often have good deals when you buy alot at once.
    Enjoy

I never took to the Tassimo machine tbh, eh auld dutch had one & it had to be cleaned regular. Not to mention the coffee tasting like water it was that weak...Plus it's expensive.

I ended up gettin a 1cup cafetierre...
    Greed & Competition aren't the result of immutable human temperament, greed & fear of scarcity have being created & amplified. Consequently, we've got to fight with each other in order to survive!