Caithness Map :: Links to Site Map Paying too much for broadband? Move to PlusNet broadband and save£££s. Free setup now available - terms apply. PlusNet broadband.  

Thread: Oreo Cookie Balls

Default Oreo Cookie Balls

This is yet another of my low fat, low calorie, ever so good for you recipes!! Not.

One packet of Oreo Cookies well smashed but not into dust
    One packet of full fat Philadelphia soft cheese beaten

Mix the two together and put in the fridge for at least an hour. Take out, roll into easy to eat size balls, depends on the size of your mouth, put on a baking tray, freeze for a couple of hours. Melt a couple of packets of decent white or milk chocolate, whatever you fancy, dip the frozen balls in the melted chocolate, allow to set (if you can wait that long) and away you go. I suppose you could get all fancy and dip the chocolate in strands, coconut, icing sugar or whatever but plain and simple does it for me every time.

Word of warning - this recipe does not meet any of the guidelines on the Slimming World, Scottish Slimmers, Weight Watchers etc diets but man they are tasty!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by skinnydog View Post
    ...depends on the size of your mouth...
    Oh well that would be one for me then .

Sounds tasty but for the sake of my waistline I'm not gonna try it (unless the kids insist of course!)

Quote Originally Posted by skinnydog View Post
    This is yet another of my low fat, low calorie, ever so good for you recipes!! Not. I suppose you could get all fancy and dip the chocolate in strands, coconut, icing sugar or whatever but plain and simple does it for me every time.

Word of warning - this recipe does not meet any of the guidelines on the Slimming World, Scottish Slimmers, Weight Watchers etc diets but man they are tasty!!!!

thats right, post tempting recipes, just cos you can burn off 1000 calories a minute!! what about us with damp spleens and metabolic rates of zero!!!!!

some friend you are..................

Sounds FIT! Another one to try

Made these yesterday for the staff, in a word richhhhhhh

Did you find them easy to make and did you add any of your own twist to them?

They were very easy to make, I put the oreos in a ziplock bag and crushed them with a rolling pin, then into the mixer with the cream cheese. Next time I'll process them less and will dip them in melted chocolate as you suggested. Due to time restraints, mine were rolled in icing sugar which got a bit mooshy but people were still raving about them. They are best straight from the fridge. Thanks skinnydog

Default Yummy

This sound great will try but any ideas on how to make home made farero rochy think that how u spell it

Can't help you there donnick but if you get a chance you should try Chef4Celebrations Ferrero Rocher cheesecake - utter heaven

The After Eight one also kills at 5 paces (or should that be after 5 slices!)

Quote Originally Posted by Bobinovich View Post
    Can't help you there donnick but if you get a chance you should try Chef4Celebrations Ferrero Rocher cheesecake - utter heaven

The After Eight one also kills at 5 paces (or should that be after 5 slices!)
    And disna even take a thought til share food wi e neighbours!
    I SWORE ON ONE THREAD!
    GET OVER IT!!!!!

Ask and ye shall receive - I might grudge you every mouthful, but ye shall receive!

My friend, Pamel Jack, made these and they are sheer heaven!!!

She dipped them in chocolate and then drizzled white chocolate over them, very professional looking, I actually thought that they were from Thorntons.

Well done, Pamela. Jewellery and sweet making, is there no end to your talents.
    Thanks
    Catherine

Oh Shelly Bain, you are wicked telling us all about these heavenly cheesecakes. Wick on a Thursday I believe, mmmm, might just be first in queue this week!
    Thanks
    Catherine

Have made these three times now and they are the fantastic. Any tips for the covering in chocolate bit as I seem to get in a helll of a mess and coverage not great, although they still taste amazing, think I will be getting orders from the kids to make more.
    Cheers
    Angie

You can put some choc in your hands and roll the balls in that. You dont get as much on but you can give it a bash. I have to admit that they are a bit of a messy thing to make!

melt the chocolate in a deep bowl then put the ball on a fork(not on the prongs though just set on it) and dip the whole thing into the chocolate then lift up and let it dribble off a bit before setting it on some silicone or greaseproof paper x
    The nice thing about living in a small place is that if you dont know what you are doing....there's always somebody who does,or thinks they do! x

Red face

I have made them too, and what a mess I was in!! bit too footery for me and sorry to say I wont bother again - to be honest love plain unadulterated oreos straight from the packet!!

Similar to Thumpers tip though - a chef friend recommended to me to spear them with a cocktail stick to cover them in chocolate, would try that next time- if he oreo's ever last long enough!

I was taught the fork method for chocolate coating. You can make a nice pattern on them at the same time with the fork prongs.
    Making tomorrow`s memories today