Caithness Map :: Links to Site Map Paying too much for broadband? Move to PlusNet broadband and save£££s. Free setup now available - terms apply. PlusNet broadband.  

Thread: is this spam ??

Default is this spam ??

Dear Valued Member,

Dear Customer,

Due to the congestion in all Yahoo! users accounts, Yahoo! would be shutting down all unused accounts. In order to avoid the deactivation of your account, you will have to confirm your e-mail by filling out your Login Info below by clicking the reply button.
    The personal information requested are for the safety of your Yahoo! account. Please leave all information requested.

Username: ..............
    Password: ....................
    Date Of Birth: ..................
    Country Or Territory: ...............

Warning!! Account owner that refuses to update his or her account before seven days of receiving this warning will lose his or her account permanently.

Regards,

Yahoo! Team
    Copyright © 2009 Yahoo! Inc. All rights reserved

It is most definately a scam. Any email asking you for passwords, dates of birth, etc, etc should be reported and ignored or just plain ignored.
    An expert is one who knows more and more about less and less until he knows absolutely everything about nothing

I know nothing about Yahoo or Spam (I have young people who setup my computer), but I would not reply to such a message.
    Lots of things "smell" - like the dotted lines provided for filling in info - wouldn't boxes contents be easier to manipulate if real processing of the data was going to occur?
    They're just trawling for information.
    I'd take a chance and watch what happens after 7 days.
    Your suspicious mid-20th century luddite,
    /db

Yahoo already have those details so don't need to ask for them.