Caithness Map :: Links to Site Map Paying too much for broadband? Move to PlusNet broadband and save£££s. Free setup now available - terms apply. PlusNet broadband.  

Thread: Young male dog

Default Young male dog

Hi

Young male dog found in Thurso area on Friday. He is definitely of mixed breed! Reddish colour with white patch on chest, short legged but very stocky looks like labrador x beagle x staffy x ??????????

Very friendly no collar please contact dog warden on 01955 607737 to claim or if you have any info regarding this dog.

cheers
    You can please some o the fowk some of the time, but you canna please all o the fowk all of the time.

Default bumping this to the top again

Sure someone must know who this dog belongs to he is a really friendly boy who is little more than a pup, cant believe that someone is not missing him.
    You can please some o the fowk some of the time, but you canna please all o the fowk all of the time.

Could you post a picture?
    @,'---.................................................. ---',@
    ~*~Believe In The Magic Of Your Dreams~*~
    ---',@................................................. . @',---

Quote Originally Posted by unicorn View Post
    Could you post a picture?
    Will do my best to try and get a pictured posted tomorrow

cheers

Any news if this wee dog has been reunited with the owner yet?? I hope it has!
    I SWORE ON ONE THREAD!
    GET OVER IT!!!!!

Default No one claimed

Hi

Quick update sadly this dog was not claimed by his owner, but thanks to the power of the org he has been offered a lovely new home with a super family who lost one of their dogs a few weeks ago and whose other dog has been pining.

So another happy ending

Quote Originally Posted by mop top View Post
    Hi

Quick update sadly this dog was not claimed by his owner, but thanks to the power of the org he has been offered a lovely new home with a super family who lost one of their dogs a few weeks ago and whose other dog has been pining.

So another happy ending
    Glad it was a happy ending but still sad how owners do not come forward for these dogs.

Do they just not notice them missing or not want them?!
    I SWORE ON ONE THREAD!
    GET OVER IT!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by ShelleyBain View Post
    Glad it was a happy ending but still sad how owners do not come forward for these dogs.

Do they just not notice them missing or not want them?!
    Shelley i saw the dog and it was lovely and no way could anyone not miss him. The sad fact is some people get fed up with a puppy and instead of doing the decent thing of handing them over for rehoming, they just dump them hoping somebody will come along and look after the poor bewildered dog who usually has done nothing wrong.
    There are some horrible people in this world.

Hi

Young male dog found in Thurso area on Friday. He is definitely of mixed breed! Reddish colour with white patch on chest, short legged but very stocky looks like labrador x beagle x staffy x ??????????

Very friendly no collar please contact dog warden on 01955 607737 to claim or if you have any info regarding this dog.

cheers

I have seen him cuddled up with his foster mother, what a beautiful doggie he is, I'm sure i have seen him walking with 2 young girls in wick.
    I know he will get a good home no bother, he has a wonderful nature, so gentle, loves humans and other dogs. He is gorgeous.
    Live for today as tomorrow may never come

He is a lucky boy. He is going to a lovely family who are responsible, caring dog owners.
    I can't wait to see him.
    evelyn

Hi

So another happy ending
    And another good job done by urself too.

Are any owners ever traced and prosecuted for abandonment of their animals. Surely if pictures were posted on the org of these poor souls someone would be able to lead you in the right direction. I for one would grass them up in a second if I recognised the dog.
    @,'---.................................................. ---',@
    ~*~Believe In The Magic Of Your Dreams~*~
    ---',@................................................. . @',---

Like the others I am saddened and angry that no owner has come forward.

So glad though that he has got the loving home he deserves.

Well done Mop Top. You do a great job! The dogs of Caithness are lucky to have you helping them.
    Last edited by Liz; 21-Nov-09 at 23:46.

Quote Originally Posted by Liz View Post
    Like the others I am saddened and angry that no owner has come forward.

So glad that though that he has got the loving home he deserves.

Well done Mop Top. You do a great job! The dogs of Caithness are lucky to have you helping them.
    Liz said it all, totally agree.
    Unicorn, I would grass too if it would lead to prosecution for abandoning a pet.
    Avoid biting when a simple growl will do

me 3!! makes my blood boil how animals are seen as a throw away commodity

There is nothing that would make me more satisfied than seeing the lowlife that simply abandon their pets being prosecuted for their actions. Unfortunately i just have to deal with what they have discarded and do my best to make sure that these strays are luckier next time round by securing them in homes with decent people who love and respect them as part of the family. I have no powers to prosecute for abandonment, just have to try and pick up the pieces when it happens

Quote Originally Posted by dragonfly View Post
    me 3!! makes my blood boil how animals are seen as a throw away commodity

Me 4 its just beggers believe that someone could just abandon a once much wanted pet to the elements.

who's to say they wont do it again.

Luckily this time it was a happy ending,well done Moptop.
    Never judge someone until you have walked two moons in their moccasins.

Native American Indian saying.