Caithness Map :: Links to Site Map Paying too much for broadband? Move to PlusNet broadband and save£££s. Free setup now available - terms apply. PlusNet broadband.  
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Balmore Animal Centre

Quote Originally Posted by Rheghead View Post
    In which case you don't opt for it to be done.
    Sorry missed the part where it said you had the option for it not to be done. There are several posts stating it is done to avoid unwanted pregnancies - didn't realise they sought owners permission first oops

Default Castration

Quote Originally Posted by Leanne View Post
    Sorry missed the part where it said you had the option for it not to be done. There are several posts stating it is done to avoid unwanted pregnancies - didn't realise they sought owners permission first oops
    Am I being stupid but who are "they" in the above statement?

Quote Originally Posted by attidude9464 View Post
    Am I being stupid but who are "they" in the above statement?
    The organisation rescuing the dog...

Does that mean that all dogs that are found are castrated? My dogs are both done but if I had a dog that I was intentionally keeping entire and someone cut it I would be somewhat angry
    Have to agree with you there.

Quote Originally Posted by Stavro View Post
    Have to agree with you there.
    Tis OK - seems you have a week to claim the dog when they have to seek your permission.

I wonder how many people intentionally lose their dogs just to get them castrated at a reduced cost? £15 is a bargain compared to the £104 it cost to have my dog de-pompomed!

god Stavos you cynicsm seems to have rubbed off on me - we need to stop agreeing!!!!

Tis OK - seems you have a week to claim the dog when they have to seek your permission.

I wonder how many people intentionally lose their dogs just to get them castrated at a reduced cost? £15 is a bargain compared to the £104 it cost to have my dog de-pompomed!

The local sspca centre no longer neuter or spay dogs or cats before they are rehomed, this stopped several years ago.
    You can please some o the fowk some of the time, but you canna please all o the fowk all of the time.

Quote Originally Posted by mop top View Post
    The local sspca centre no longer neuter or spay dogs or cats before they are rehomed, this stopped several years ago.
    That's unusual. Never heard of that happening anywhere before. Every shelter I have been associated with has always rehomed dogs neutered so to stop the cycle. There is one rehab forum that I rehomed a dog from that have a lower adoption fee for an unneutered dog but will not give you proof of ownership until you show proof of castration...

Default Dog

You are correct Mop Top. This was stopped when the SSPCA went into a financial crisis.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123