Caithness Map :: Links to Site Map Paying too much for broadband? Move to PlusNet broadband and save£££s. Free setup now available - terms apply. PlusNet broadband.  
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Jamming

Do singers jam?

It's well known in jazz circles, and I do have fond memories of playing in the Newmarket Bar many years ago with James Sutherland as vocalist (the Z-Rox James not the music shop James!!). He invited the audience to come up with a subject for a blues song. And so 'Lawnmower blues' was born that very day!! (Who claims copyright to this masterpiece is debatable!!) Quite a difficult thing to do though. I presume also some rap artists improvise in a sort of trading licks type of ego contest thing.

Quote Originally Posted by Chobbersjnr
    I had the old jamming thang happening today, it was so funky

I played bass for most of it & wrote a tune called Taste Of Almonds.............we played around a shuffle style blues thang' (what a great woid ) & played a metal style version of P/belle's Canon in which the drummer & I swapped round between bass & drums

You don't hear nearly so much about jamming these days (you know playing for the crack). I remember walking around Thurso in the late 80s early 90s & you would hear people jamming in garages, kitchens, living rooms, high school halls the list goes on, the point is there was lots of it going & not all of it with a view to superstardom just guys & gals havin' a lark

The jam factor was boosted no end today & people around felt the same way "it was happening man" the musicians in question that made it happen

Jack Mcphee-drums & bass
    Joe Paterson-guitar!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    & ME-drums & bass

flippin' great crack

thanks guys
    Cjnr

Exams will be over soon!

And we will be back soon aswell.. If ure still up for another jaimmin sesh again???
    Big Imagination For Feeling Young Cause Life Yearns Real Optimism

in a house wi lights, but it is a light house

Quote Originally Posted by zebedy
    Exams will be over soon!

And we will be back soon aswell.. If ure still up for another jaimmin sesh again???
    heck yeah & we'll play a brand new kind of electroscottishjazzfolkpunk with rock & roll overtones

Quote Originally Posted by TopCatsPurr
    Do singers jam?
    yes they do. indeed what deemac said about lawnmower blues stands although I would suggest that scat singing that you hear jazzers playing/singing is more of the jam thang as there are no words to get in the

if you neet-anot-anetta-know what I'm saying

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by Chobbersjnr
    heck yeah & we'll play a brand new kind of electroscottishjazzfolkpunk with rock & roll overtones

So it'll sound like Led Zepplin then I take it . . . . . . (Subtle, you have to admit)

Quote Originally Posted by Deemac
    So it'll sound like Led Zepplin then I take it . . . . . . (Subtle, you have to admit)
    arghhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh without Page, Plant or Jones & Bonzo's deid. LZ indeed

BTW it's Zeppelin or is it Zeppellin, JEID you spelling nazi which one is it

Led Zeppelin

seee...

Big Imagination For Feeling Young Cause Life Yearns Real Optimism

LMAO

they couldn't even get the backdrop central to the shot & where's the band??

I know where they are but I'd get banned forever if I said it on ere

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12