Caithness Map :: Links to Site Map Paying too much for broadband? Move to PlusNet broadband and save£££s. Free setup now available - terms apply. PlusNet broadband.  

Thread: True Blood?

Default True Blood?

Anybody else watching this series? I think it's rubbish but OH is glued to it.
    God, grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change,
    Courage to change the things I can,
    And wisdom to know the difference.

I've watched it all and read all the books. Yes it is cheesy but it's a guilty pleasure.

Default brillant

I love true blood it,s brillant seen season 2 it,s better than the first one
    Cmey e Scorries

true blood is cool..currently reading the books
    where ever sookie is there is sure to be trouble!!
    You will never be happy if you continue to search for what happiness consists of. You will never live if you are looking for the meaning of life. -ALBERT CAMUS

Its a HBO series granted, but the first season is needlessly sexually gratuitous. Not that I have a problem with that but it got in the way of plot. The second series is a bit better but thats only because it expands the mythos and isn't as sexually gratuitous.

I'll watch it if I have nothing else to watch or do and I've rewatched my favourite shows catalog; I was hoping it would be something it the vein of Vampire: The Masquerade or Vampire: The Requiem. Instead its more like an Anne Rice angst ridden vampire romp meets a vampire romance story... still atleast its not Twilight.

Quote Originally Posted by RecQuery View Post
    The second series is a bit better but thats only because it expands the mythos and isn't as sexually gratuitous.
    Oh that's a shame. I was quite looking forward to the second season.

Is it "sexually gratuitous" or "gratuitously sexual"? I rather think the latter. I think the former might describe some people I knew in my youth (though not as well as I might have liked).

Quote Originally Posted by RecQuery View Post
    Its a HBO series granted, but the first season is needlessly sexually gratuitous. Not that I have a problem with that but it got in the way of plot. The second series is a bit better but thats only because it expands the mythos and isn't as sexually gratuitous.

I'll watch it if I have nothing else to watch or do and I've rewatched my favourite shows catalog; I was hoping it would be something it the vein of Vampire: The Masquerade or Vampire: The Requiem. Instead its more like an Anne Rice angst ridden vampire romp meets a vampire romance story... still atleast its not Twilight.
    You can't have got far in the second series then? The sexual aspect becomes more needlessly gratuitous and also annoyingly repetitive. I don't want to spoil it cos don't know how far you have seen but it is the result of one of the main storyline loops of the second series. Personally I liked the secondary storylines better (not only for that reason). I am being so vague here but don't want to spoil anyone.
    I enjoy it, it's one of the few current shows I watch (the other main one being Dexter!).

I've watched to the end of season 2, could be I was desensitised to it by then or it just didn't annoy me as much. Jason's storyline seemed a bit out of character but it got pulled back near the end.

Loving it Is a bit cheesy but it has a 70's hammerhouse horror / vampire feel to it - love a bit of cheese !

I have really been enjoying it so far. My OH thinks its ok, he prefers the funnier episodes.
    (\__/)
    ( o.O) This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into
    (")_(") your signature, to help him gain World Domination.

Quote Originally Posted by Amy-Winehouse View Post
    I love true blood it,s brillant seen season 2 it,s better than the first one

agreed!! the 2nd series is much better. i love most things vamp related, and this hasnt dissapointed!!
    "And so the lion fell in love with the lamb…What a sick, masochistic lion."

honey, are you looking forward to New moon then? I have just finished reading the books, couldnt put them down!
    (\__/)
    ( o.O) This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into
    (")_(") your signature, to help him gain World Domination.

ive read all the books, but havent really gotten into the series.
    http://itqueries.com/